PCOS- Polycystic Ovary Syndrome
Hi, I'm a 21 year old female and here are my symptoms:

- No period for 3/4 months at a time
- Feeling bloated
- Sharp Pain in right ovary
- Dull ache in ovaries when bending over/moving
- Thick discharge
- Mood swings
- Weight gain over the past year that won't shift
- NOT pregnant.

So theres my symptoms. I have taken numerous pregnancy tests and all negative (to be honest I always use protection so this would be unlikely anyway).

I have been to my GP about this previously earlier this year. She gave me an appointment to have a ultrasound scan. But as I had to wait a month, I came on by this time so I didnt attend. 2 periods later and it has happened again. No period and dull aches.

I have been extremely stressed recently also as everything around me if falling apart.

I have read a lot about PCOS but I am confused as there are different types. I do not have any excess body hair either.  Just no periods!

Is it most likely that I have PCOS? (which type?) or is it something else?

Also what are the treatments?

Any help would be great! Zoe x
Hi, pcos symptoms are differ to each person.In your case your symptoms seems to be there is pcos.But not all regular periods reason is pcos.Harmonal inbalance and iron defficiency also reason for irregular periods.
Go back to the doctor, get the scan and also get a blood test for your hormone levels. It does sound like you have something going on...it could just be a hormonal inbalance or it could be PCOS. PCOS is technicly hormonal inbalance, but some just have that while others have tiny cysts in the ovaries. The only way to know is to get the scan and blood work done.
Hi!

I am diagnosed with PCOS (after my body expelled the IUD)... I'm 22, I was never late for my period but last December-January, my period went missing. I did a lot of preganvy test which all came as negative, so i decided to visit my OBGYNE, they did a TVS (vaginal ultrasound) my test for PCOS came in as positive. My OBGYNE prescribed that I take provera for a month and she also prescribed that I start taking contraceptive pills, not toprevent pregnancy since it's very unlikely for someone who has PCOS to get pregants, but ot regularize my period again and to reverse the PCOS. I have my period again, but most of the time I have menstrual cramps bec. of the medicines that I take. It would be best if you coordinate with your OBGYNE so that he/she can give you the right medicines.
It is likely that you may have PCOS but it is best to check with the doctor. For me, there was a sudden flare up of acne and irregular periods. I always had mild acne but then it got very bad. The doctor told me it was because of PCOS. Right now the doctor gave me a mild birth control, which is to control the hormones more than anything else. And I was told to exercise regularly and eat healthy.