Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) Community
PCOS... Dealing with the extra hair??
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to PCOS including anxiety, baldness or thinning hair, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, depression, type 2 diabetes, genetics, heart problems, increased hair growth (hirsuitism), infertility, menstruation (periods), obesity, ovarian cysts, pelvic pain, pregnancy, skin problems, sleep disorders, and weight gain.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

PCOS... Dealing with the extra hair??

Ok so I am 29 and was diagnosed with PCOS when I was 14. Since then I have had an extreme amout of hair. I have a lip hair and chin hair that are so embarssing to me. Then all the sudden my husband and I were wrestling around and he noticed some hair on my chest. What can I do about this? I already take Metformin 500mg twice a day.
Tags: PCOS, extra, hair
Hi,
Excessive hair is a feature of PCOS and can be treated. Cosmetic procedures like waxing, shaving, electrolysis and laser therapy are the various options available. Also certain drugs can also help with the excessive hair associated with PCOS. Spironolactone, Flutamide, Cyproterone acetate has been effective in the treatment of hirsutism.  Consult a gynaecologist and an endocrinologist for an evaluation.  
The answer is based on information provided. Exact advice is not possible without a proper examination and investigations. You are requested to consult your Doctor. Take care and keep us posted.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank