Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) Community
PCOS INFORMATION!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to PCOS including anxiety, baldness or thinning hair, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, depression, type 2 diabetes, genetics, heart problems, increased hair growth (hirsuitism), infertility, menstruation (periods), obesity, ovarian cysts, pelvic pain, pregnancy, skin problems, sleep disorders, and weight gain.

PCOS INFORMATION!

hello i had some tests done last month because i have all symptoms of PCOS!..

1) No Periods at all.
2) Difficulty getting Pregnant (because of irregular ovulation or failure to ovulate)
3) Excessive Hair Growth (hirsutism) - usually on the face, chest, back or buttocks
4) Weight Gain.
5) Hair thinning and hair loss.
6) Oily skin.

So the tests came back and shown that i had more male hormone than Women, I got referred to a gynecologist then they done blood tests but not had them results yet.

So i went for an ultrasound scan today and they said i have 2 CHUNKY ovaries but not sure what that means (anyone know)? also my right ovary is covered in cysts but left ovary is clear.

Anyone got any idea what will happen next, i am just so worried!

Also does anyone know if this is a now or never thing to be pregnant while i have been told i have a 30 percent chance to become pregnant!

My main question is WHAT IS CHUNKY OVARIES? IS IT A BAD THING?

Avatar_dr_f_tn
HI,
Chunky ovaries may mean enlarged ovaries which in PCOS have peripheral cysts. You are having all the symptoms of PCOS and this will need a symptomatic treatment. Losing weight is the first thing you need to do and it will benefit a lot. For normalising the hormones, medications like metformin and cyproterone acetate can be considered. Also a natural pregnancy is possible in women with PCOS. However in case of difficulty induction of ovulation can be done. Consult a gynaecologist and an endocrinologist for an evaluation.
The answer is based on information provided. Exact advice is not possible without a proper examination and investigations. You are requested to consult your Doctor. Take care and keep us posted.
well i have actually been diagnosed with PCOS now, i am on  diet im in the middle of reading a book called 'managing PCOS for DUMMIES' it is helping abit, also do you know of any foods that are good in the diet or is a weight watchers diet fine? i am so scared of everything now ive been put on medication for anxiety and depression i am finding it hard to cope and i just keep thinking to myself 'WHY ME' but 1 in 4 people suffer from it, i just need people i can talk about it all with but i feel i have no one!! i am waiting for an appointment to come through to see a Councillor now though so hopefully i will be able to talk alot more about it.

i just need to know what is good to eat and what is bad to eat as i dont want to make it any worse and i want to go on the medication to make me more fertile as i want kids in the future but i am so scared i wont be able to have any!!

thanks for replying back to me too!! thanks so much!! xx