PCOS and Mood Disorders
Hi all.  I have been diagnosed twice with PCOS.  For me it is a certainty (over 30 cysts in EACH ovary at last count!!!!) and I have all of the usual symptoms however I also suffer from depression and psychosis and severe mood swings and am on mood stabilisers, anti-depressants and anti-manic medication.  

I had an appointment today with my new pdoc (psychiatrist) and he suggested that the PCOS could be the cause of alot of my severe mood swings.  Since getting home, I've been looking through the internet for information and have come across many sites that say that the hormonal imbalance can cause this.

Does anyone else here suffer from severe mood swings, depression etc...????

Pixie
I've never been told they were related, but I guess I've never asked. I was diagnosed w/ bi-polar disorder in 2001 and have been taking meds for it on and off again since. When I've tried to go off the meds, I'm usually fine for a while, then slowly  but surely the craziness ensues.  

Re: PCOS, my hormones are completely out of whack and I absolutely notice changes in my personality when I'm pre-menstral, ovulating, etc. I also have been loosing my sex drive.

I have a GYN appt. 11/3. I'll ask my doc about it and share w/ the group what she has to say about all this.

Best of luck.