PCOS and abdominal pain
Hi Everyone -

I'm not sure if I'm worried about nothing here, but here goes....

About a year ago I started having a dull pain in my left lower abdomen, so saw a dr. and then gynecologist about that.  They did an ultrasound in January 2010 and told me it's likely PCOS on my left ovary, possibly a bit of endometriosis, but can't be 100% sure unless they did exploratory surgery.  I had declined that and was put on Yaz to keep my hormones level.  

A couple of months ago (which was also when I went back to work after taking some time off to be with my mom who was diagnosed with ovarian cancer), this pain came back.  I've since been for a mammogram (I'm 32, so they started me early due to family history of ovarian cancer), which was perfectly normal, had a breat MRI which was perfectly normal, and was now sent for a CA125 blood test and pelvic ultrasound.  CA125 is 24, which is still normal (under 35), and I understand that things like endometriosis can elevate the levels.  Pelvic ultrasound showed that the uterus is normal, endometrium is 5mm thick, and right ovary is normal.  No sign of a mass or anything.  They said they couldn't see the left ovary clearly, but didn't sound concerned.  I asked if there's any suspicion for cancer and they said no.  However, now that I've had time to think about this, I still question how they can feel that things are 'normal' if they can't see the left ovary clearly.  Any thoughts on that?  Am I worrying for nothing?  And I don't know if I'm imagining things or not, but I think the pain is a bit less if I eat less sugar and really focus on healthy things.  What do the rest of you do to deal with PCOS?

Thanks in advance for any input :-)

Aglaia
Just to follow up, the pain had gone away for three weeks, but now is back.  I have another doctor's appointment on December 6th when I'm hoping to find out more.  Has anyone else had this?  Specific questions I should be asking?