Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) Community
PCOS and endometrial ablation?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to PCOS including anxiety, baldness or thinning hair, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, depression, type 2 diabetes, genetics, heart problems, increased hair growth (hirsuitism), infertility, menstruation (periods), obesity, ovarian cysts, pelvic pain, pregnancy, skin problems, sleep disorders, and weight gain.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

PCOS and endometrial ablation?

From 2000-2004, at age 32-36, I was experiencing irregular periods.  I'd have a period sometimes for 2 months, skip a few days; a week or so, skip a week; a month and a half, skip a day; and so on.  I have two children, daughter in 1997 and son in 2000.  The periods became erratic after their births.  To solve the irregular periods and heavy bleeding, I had an endometrial ablation in 2004.  
Now, 2012, I don't have any periods, but was informed by my doctor that I'm in pre menopause.  I take Prempro, as well as other medications for depression, high cholesterol, hypothyroidism, nightmares caused by PTSD, and seasonal allergies.  Over the past year, I have developed SEVERE cyst-like acne on my jawline, back, neck, legs, and arms.  The last two dermatologists have told me to leave them alone, yet they hurt, have a core, and won't heal unless the core is completely removed.  I'm concerned, as I have allowed many of them to heal (scab, new skin growth), but the hard core remains and the cycle repeats as they come to a head.
My question is:  Could I have Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome?  If not, what other possible conditions, do you think, could be going on?  ANY ADVICE is welcomed.  Please help.
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
How to Silence Your Inner Critic an...
21 hrs ago by Roger Gould, M.D.Blank