Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) Community
PCOS and implanon
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to PCOS including anxiety, baldness or thinning hair, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, depression, type 2 diabetes, genetics, heart problems, increased hair growth (hirsuitism), infertility, menstruation (periods), obesity, ovarian cysts, pelvic pain, pregnancy, skin problems, sleep disorders, and weight gain.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

PCOS and implanon

Hi, I'm 19 and have had the implanon in for 3 years and a couple of months ago I got told I had PCOS..
I was just wondering if the Implanon has effected my PCOS or was the reason I have it..
Also I think it has something to do with it I haven't had my period in nearly two months when usually get it every 2
Weeks.. the pain is so bad I have been in tears and feels like my stomach is getting ripped apart...
If anyone has any information it would be very helpful.
Thank you xx
Tags: years
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
HI,
PCOS is a symptom complex which results from hormonal imbalance. The pain can be because of the impending periods or because of pelvic infection, endometriosis or other causes. An examination by a gynaecologist and an ultrasound scan will help determine the cause of pain. Consult your Doctor.
Hope this helps. Take care.
Blank
931246_tn?1297906251
Thanx.. I have an app to see my gyno at the end of this month to get the implanon removed.. do you know if there is anything I can do for the pain ??
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...