Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) Community
PCOS and implanon

This patient support community is for discussions relating to PCOS including anxiety, baldness or thinning hair, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, depression, type 2 diabetes, genetics, heart problems, increased hair growth (hirsuitism), infertility, menstruation (periods), obesity, ovarian cysts, pelvic pain, pregnancy, skin problems, sleep disorders, and weight gain.

PCOS and implanon

Hi, I'm 19 and have had the implanon in for 3 years and a couple of months ago I got told I had PCOS..
I was just wondering if the Implanon has effected my PCOS or was the reason I have it..
Also I think it has something to do with it I haven't had my period in nearly two months when usually get it every 2
Weeks.. the pain is so bad I have been in tears and feels like my stomach is getting ripped apart...
If anyone has any information it would be very helpful.
Thank you xx
Tags: years
Avatar_dr_f_tn
HI,
PCOS is a symptom complex which results from hormonal imbalance. The pain can be because of the impending periods or because of pelvic infection, endometriosis or other causes. An examination by a gynaecologist and an ultrasound scan will help determine the cause of pain. Consult your Doctor.
Hope this helps. Take care.
Thanx.. I have an app to see my gyno at the end of this month to get the implanon removed.. do you know if there is anything I can do for the pain ??