Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) Community
PCOS and pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to PCOS including anxiety, baldness or thinning hair, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, depression, type 2 diabetes, genetics, heart problems, increased hair growth (hirsuitism), infertility, menstruation (periods), obesity, ovarian cysts, pelvic pain, pregnancy, skin problems, sleep disorders, and weight gain.

PCOS and pain

Do you have lower abdominal/pelvic pain?
When an ultrasound was done while you were in pain, was there any cysts? Were your ovaries enlarged?
When an ultrasound was done when you were NOT in pain, was there any cysts? Were your ovaries enlarged?
Yes sometimes it is normal to have pain throughout the month due to having pcos. I've never had a cyst so I do not know the other answers. I've had ultrasounds done in pain and not in pain, and both showed clear and normal ovaries.
Do you know where your pain is coming from? or what is causing it?
Well it's in the ovary area, so I assume it's the ovaries. But I don't get pain through out the month like I use to. This month now, is the only month my period is missing and I'm really bloated now with slight cramps here and there. Not all women who have pcos have it the same way. Some have just the hormonal issues and some have just cysts and others have the combination of cysts and hormonal issues. I for one do not have any cysts (none that I know of, although I might have one now...which made my period not come on) but my hormones are abnormal, higher then what they should be.