Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) Community
PCOS success story
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to PCOS including anxiety, baldness or thinning hair, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, depression, type 2 diabetes, genetics, heart problems, increased hair growth (hirsuitism), infertility, menstruation (periods), obesity, ovarian cysts, pelvic pain, pregnancy, skin problems, sleep disorders, and weight gain.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

PCOS success story

I just want to share my story with you to give you some hope that pregnancy can be achieved with this disorder.

I have been diagnosed with PCOS for over 4 years now. I had completely normal cycles until I started the depo provera birth control shots. After I stopped the injections (a year later) I started showing signs of PCOS and it was confirmed I had it.

So last year I got pregnant with no hormone therapy or any medical intervention. In fact, we were not planning on getting pregnant. That month we didn't use protection twice, so it was a very low liklihood, especially with having PCOS.

I'm happy to report I have a healthy son born at 39 weeks. He is 11 weeks old today. My pregnancy was mostly uneventful except for my blood pressure which kept rising.

I had lost a little bit of weight before getting pregnant but what really changed is that I was a lot more physically active and I had learned to control my stress. I really think that had a lot to contribute to my success.

So if you are struggling to get pregnant with PCOS don't lose hope. It can happen, and with the technology and options out there you have a better chance than years before.

Much love ladies, I wish you all the very best!
2194841_tn?1338417471
That is amazing!  So happy for you (: I just found out I have mild pcos and dhea (345) so im on Bc now my doctor said in the future I might need some extra support I hope im blessed to be able to share my story like you!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
How to Silence Your Inner Critic an...