P.C.O.S
Hello all,
   I would like to know how many women who have P.C.O.S and got pregnant while taking metformin , and possibly how long it took. My husband and I have been trying to concieve for quite a while  and so far nothing. :(  I have however lost some weight which is very good considering I was weighing 220 at only 5 feet tall . I am excited to have found this website and look forward to hear stories similar to my own.
Welcome to our community! There are wonderful people are here to help you get through anything..for advice or to vent. Well I was diag with PCOS when I was 16. Was on Metformin for a while, but then had Gastric Bypass surgery..lost alot of weight...275+. I stop taking metformin because my docs were just not telling me to take it anymore. Well now I am married and TTC. Last year I got prego all by myself. Unfor. I m/c at 7 months. Now, I am eating healthy, walking on long walk with my dogs, and taking CARE OF MYSELF! I am on Metformin 500 mg BID(twice a day). I have been on it for a month now again, and I am feeling great. I have lost 15 pounds(since I am still slightly still overweight!), eating healthy. My doc said that Metformin will help me get regulated. I am currently 15 days late from AF. I am going to go get Bloodwork on the 22nd. Fingers and Toes crossed. I wish you alot of luck, and I know women who have PCOS and have healthy kids now! And you will find some on this website! Best of luck to you!! SSDB~
I have PCOS and am pregnant with my second child now.  There is hope, hang in there.  Luckily I tried for over a year for both of mine and finally had success.  Keep trying.. even the most 'normal' of couples under normal circumstances take 6months to a year to conceive.  I know how frustrating it can be.  It's hard to become pregnant when your not ovulating, and your periods are virtually nonexistent.  Hang in there!!!  Have you tried the basal method??  Google it on the net.  It's a great (less common, at least to me anyway) to help with planning intercourse!  Best of luck to you and yours! Take care!
Renee Miller
I am pregnant on metformin.  Metformin is the only medicine I take, and I take 1000 mg twice a day.  I was originally on 500 mg, and the month after my dose was doubled I became pregnant.  There is hope.
Thanks for the responses from you ladies. So now That I see women are actually responding I suppose I can tell my history. I am 29 yrs old been married 6yrs. 2 months before I got married I had an ectopic pregnancy. Needless to say I only have one fal. tube left. So my doctor that I currently have ( which is the best in my neck of the woods) is taking all the steps to make sure it is safe to try and get preggers. I also have cancer cells on my cervix due to many years of not having my cycle as a teenager . Luckily it did not turn into full blown cancer! we caught it in time. So as I am searching for answers and help, Here is my advice to young women diagnosed with P.C.O.S get to the doctors and take some form of birth control or metformin to have your cycle dont take the chance of getting cervical cancer!! Thanks for all the wishes and Good Luck to all the pregnant women and to ones trying to concieve..

Yours truly
               Chikis
I have pcos, i took metformin 850mg twice a day for a year and a half than got pregnant finally, I'm 15 weeks today.