Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) Community
PCOS!?!?!?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to PCOS including anxiety, baldness or thinning hair, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, depression, type 2 diabetes, genetics, heart problems, increased hair growth (hirsuitism), infertility, menstruation (periods), obesity, ovarian cysts, pelvic pain, pregnancy, skin problems, sleep disorders, and weight gain.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

PCOS!?!?!?

My husband and I want to have a baby. Losing weight has not been easy, although I've done it! I have lost as much as my body will allow me to because although i still do the same thing i did to lose my first 17 pds it is no longer working. Is there something, anything that I can do. I want this so badly.
Blank
HI i have tha same problem and dr give me glucophag to help in weight loss because it help in insulin resestance. I hope i help you.
10 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
134578_tn?1404951303
How much do you still have to lose?  I had a dear friend who went to Weight Watchers, never missed a meeting, did what they said, was never hungry but ate a lot less due to their approach, and she lost 80 lbs.
Blank
3634255_tn?1347762704
I have tried WW as well and Im just not loosing any more
Blank
1121300_tn?1411967225
If you have pcos you are more than likely insulin resistant! which is why most women who have it are put an Metformin!!
Blank
HI i have tha same problem and dr give me glucophag to help in weight loss because it help in insulin resestance. I hope i help you.
Blank
I took metformin. Didn't help me lose weight but I did get pregnant after being on it almost a year. It took us 3 years to get pregnant. Not sure if the metformin did it or if we just got lucky. I also took Clomid but I wasn't on it when I got pregnant.
Blank
Hey...Im in the same boat. Im on meds but my doc hasnt placed me on metformin. Im still losing the weight I have made a lifestyle change for about two months now. I feel defeated some days but we have to get weight down if the doc wants millions of labs I give it to him. I had an ultrasound on my cervix and will have a biopsy on it next week.  I want a baby too, and I know I need to make a lifestyle change I dont know if I tell you to loose 30-50 pounds then you would get pregnant. Think positive, eat well , and keep in touch.
Blank
2195822_tn?1341060511
Took me a year and a half..wasn't on medication. I lost weight and I'm certain The weightloss definitely helped. Just give it time.. how long have you been ttc for?
Blank
2195822_tn?1341060511
no sugar, low carb diet, exercise, ask doc for metformin.
Blank
3634255_tn?1347762704
Thx guys for all of your comments... it really has helped.. I have to let you all know about this stuff that I have been trying called Fertilaid. and Ovaboost.. I have ovulated 3 time and now my husband and I are expecting Thank you all and I wish you all the most baby dust.
Blank
2195822_tn?1341060511
Huge congrats to you and your husband. Great news. Wishing you a happy and healthy pregnancy
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank