Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) Community
PCOS!?!?!?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to PCOS including anxiety, baldness or thinning hair, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, depression, type 2 diabetes, genetics, heart problems, increased hair growth (hirsuitism), infertility, menstruation (periods), obesity, ovarian cysts, pelvic pain, pregnancy, skin problems, sleep disorders, and weight gain.

PCOS!?!?!?

My husband and I want to have a baby. Losing weight has not been easy, although I've done it! I have lost as much as my body will allow me to because although i still do the same thing i did to lose my first 17 pds it is no longer working. Is there something, anything that I can do. I want this so badly.
HI i have tha same problem and dr give me glucophag to help in weight loss because it help in insulin resestance. I hope i help you.
How much do you still have to lose?  I had a dear friend who went to Weight Watchers, never missed a meeting, did what they said, was never hungry but ate a lot less due to their approach, and she lost 80 lbs.
I have tried WW as well and Im just not loosing any more
If you have pcos you are more than likely insulin resistant! which is why most women who have it are put an Metformin!!
I took metformin. Didn't help me lose weight but I did get pregnant after being on it almost a year. It took us 3 years to get pregnant. Not sure if the metformin did it or if we just got lucky. I also took Clomid but I wasn't on it when I got pregnant.
Hey...Im in the same boat. Im on meds but my doc hasnt placed me on metformin. Im still losing the weight I have made a lifestyle change for about two months now. I feel defeated some days but we have to get weight down if the doc wants millions of labs I give it to him. I had an ultrasound on my cervix and will have a biopsy on it next week.  I want a baby too, and I know I need to make a lifestyle change I dont know if I tell you to loose 30-50 pounds then you would get pregnant. Think positive, eat well , and keep in touch.
Took me a year and a half..wasn't on medication. I lost weight and I'm certain The weightloss definitely helped. Just give it time.. how long have you been ttc for?
no sugar, low carb diet, exercise, ask doc for metformin.
Thx guys for all of your comments... it really has helped.. I have to let you all know about this stuff that I have been trying called Fertilaid. and Ovaboost.. I have ovulated 3 time and now my husband and I are expecting Thank you all and I wish you all the most baby dust.
Huge congrats to you and your husband. Great news. Wishing you a happy and healthy pregnancy