Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) Community
POSC, Fibroids and Teratomas
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to PCOS including anxiety, baldness or thinning hair, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, depression, type 2 diabetes, genetics, heart problems, increased hair growth (hirsuitism), infertility, menstruation (periods), obesity, ovarian cysts, pelvic pain, pregnancy, skin problems, sleep disorders, and weight gain.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

POSC, Fibroids and Teratomas

Hello, I'm a visitor from the MS forum and I stumbled on this forum and thought that maybe I could find someone who has had a similar experience who could shed some light on my situation. I'll try to be ans concise as possible.

I have struggled with issues from POCS for many years. I recently had a ultrasound in which they found several fibroids. (I previously had a history of fibroids). We had decided to do a Uterine artery embolization, but I first needed a uterin biopsy and the radiologist wanted me to have an MRI. After the MRI he wanted me to have a CAT scan. Apparently they found a mass in the sacral region (Which would explain the pressure that I have been feeling on my tail bone.) on the MRI which was confirmed on the CAT scan and he feels that it is a benign teratoma.  

From what I have read so far, it sounds like they are kind of common, so I was wondering if anyone on here has had a similar experience, what their course of treatment was and what the outcome was. I love how I find out about this stuff the day before a holiday.

Thanks for any help you can shed on this topic for me.

Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank
Oct 04 by Lee Kirksey, MDBlank