PROVERA/LATE PERIOD
Hi! I just want to shere my story and ask a few questions. Please help me. My period shouldve started March 31. Still don't have my period yet and it was 9 days (going 10) late. Tried the home pt all negative. Went to the hospital for serum pt still negative. This is my second day to take duphaston. I want to a new OB and she told me I am not pregnant she did not do the IE. She just asked me questions. She prescribed PROVERA 10MG ONCE DAY FOR FIVE DAYS. My question is that, if ever I am pregnant (I hope not) will she still let me take take provera?? Or the doctor is 100% sure that I am not pregnant? What is this medicine for? I waa worried because she did not even palpate my stomach or did the IE thanks
HI,
When urine pregnancy test and serum test for beta HCG are both negative the probability of a pregnancy is almost nil. Hence the provera has probably been given to induce a period. If there are no periods after provera then an ultrasound scan will be necessary.
Hope this helps.