Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) Community
Pcos and 1 Fallopian tube

This patient support community is for discussions relating to PCOS including anxiety, baldness or thinning hair, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, depression, type 2 diabetes, genetics, heart problems, increased hair growth (hirsuitism), infertility, menstruation (periods), obesity, ovarian cysts, pelvic pain, pregnancy, skin problems, sleep disorders, and weight gain.

Pcos and 1 Fallopian tube

Hey guys, I'm 27 years old and 2 years ago I found out I had pcos, they took my right Fallopian tube out during an operation  as a large cyst had damaged it alot.  I have to take Tramadol to help with pain and have been for over 2 years. My partner and I really want to conceive however my periods have just stopped again! Doctors don't seem to help when when I ask for advice and seem to just stick me on a hospital ward fir a few days! Does anyone have any advice or know if it's possible to get pregnant? Thank you Sally xx
Hey... I thought I'd let you know that I too have PCOS and one fallopian tube.... they had to remove the right tube for the same reasons as yours. And for me, I have been able to conceive with some extra help through medications and I had also opted for an IUI. I have had other difficulties however, in that I seem to be able conceive but then I miscarry.

In your situation, I was wondering if you are being followed by a specialist like a gynecologist or a reproductive endocrinologist? And if not perhaps that would be where to start.... For me, my cycles too were very sporadic and unpredictable.... so by going on medication to help induce the menstrual cycle and then on medication like Clomid to help stimulate ovulation really helped. I also went for an ultrasound in the middle of the cycle to see if the follicle was on the left side and if it was I was then was given an injection to help the follicle get released from the ovary. Once this happened I was given a few options.... one was to try naturally to conceive.... which we did for about 6 months with no success... or option two... to have an IUI (Intra-Uterine Insemination).... which we have done for the past two cycles. My first IUI was successful and I did conceive... but I ended up miscarrying.... so now I am waiting to see if this time it was successful.
I'm not saying that for you, it will be this complex.... and I hope that in your situation it will be a lot easier... but I thought I'd let you know it is definitely still possible to conceive even with POCS and one fallopian tube.... it just may be a bit more complex. Wishing you all the best....
Thank you so much for this, I am making an appointment next week to see my doctor to see if I can go down this route also. I wish you all the luck in the world with your pregnancy. Thank you again x
I was just wondering what came of this...I am hoping you were able to have a child or more!! I am not in this same boat....