Pcos and Pregnant
Hi..i am from india but currently living in USA. I am 25 yrs old now.I got  married on sep 2010. we dint try to get baby for the first one year.After sep 2011 we tried. But no result.Because i had irregular period problem right after my marriage. so from sep 2010 to sep 2011 i dint care about it. But after that i really need baby. i went to Dr. She told me that i have pcos and i have gained 15 kg or 33 pounds with in 1 1/2  years.Dr put me on metformin to regulate my periods on sep 2012. And asked me to take 1500mg metformin at night for 3 months and try to reduce 10 pounds with in 3 months.I started taking medicine and worked hard to reduce my weight.Finally i reduced 16 pounds till now. But i dint get my periods.My next appointment will be on 5th DEC 2012. Most probably my Dr will tell to take clomid along with metformin itseems. I am confused now. Is there any chances to get pregnant in this journey? Pls help me..
Cancel
1 Answers
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
3858871 tn?1363233260
I was diagnosed with PCOS at 18 and am now 36. I was told then that I wouldn't be able to have children.  Five years ago, I started trying to get pregnant with no success.  The gynecologist then told me that if I wanted to get pregnant I would need to take Provera to get my period and then Clomid to ovulate.  I took Clomid for 3 months and got pregnant!  I am now 28 weeks pregnant with a little girl so yes, it is possible.  Don't give up!
Comment
Cancel
3858871 tn?1363233260
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) Community Resources