Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) Community
Pcos and Pregnant
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to PCOS including anxiety, baldness or thinning hair, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, depression, type 2 diabetes, genetics, heart problems, increased hair growth (hirsuitism), infertility, menstruation (periods), obesity, ovarian cysts, pelvic pain, pregnancy, skin problems, sleep disorders, and weight gain.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Pcos and Pregnant

Hi..i am from india but currently living in USA. I am 25 yrs old now.I got  married on sep 2010. we dint try to get baby for the first one year.After sep 2011 we tried. But no result.Because i had irregular period problem right after my marriage. so from sep 2010 to sep 2011 i dint care about it. But after that i really need baby. i went to Dr. She told me that i have pcos and i have gained 15 kg or 33 pounds with in 1 1/2  years.Dr put me on metformin to regulate my periods on sep 2012. And asked me to take 1500mg metformin at night for 3 months and try to reduce 10 pounds with in 3 months.I started taking medicine and worked hard to reduce my weight.Finally i reduced 16 pounds till now. But i dint get my periods.My next appointment will be on 5th DEC 2012. Most probably my Dr will tell to take clomid along with metformin itseems. I am confused now. Is there any chances to get pregnant in this journey? Pls help me..
3858871_tn?1363233260
I was diagnosed with PCOS at 18 and am now 36. I was told then that I wouldn't be able to have children.  Five years ago, I started trying to get pregnant with no success.  The gynecologist then told me that if I wanted to get pregnant I would need to take Provera to get my period and then Clomid to ovulate.  I took Clomid for 3 months and got pregnant!  I am now 28 weeks pregnant with a little girl so yes, it is possible.  Don't give up!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank