Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) Community
Polycystic ovaries - can it be cured?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to PCOS including anxiety, baldness or thinning hair, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, depression, type 2 diabetes, genetics, heart problems, increased hair growth (hirsuitism), infertility, menstruation (periods), obesity, ovarian cysts, pelvic pain, pregnancy, skin problems, sleep disorders, and weight gain.

Polycystic ovaries - can it be cured?

I am late by around 2 weeks for my periods and went to a gynaec to check if everything is okay as we are planning for a kid in a few months. I came to know that my left ovary is expanded in size by 2mm and my doctor says it is polycystic. I got few hormonal tests done too and they all came out to be normal. I am 167 cms in height and weigh 66 kgs so my doc has advised me to reduce my weight and prescribed some medicines.
Would this be cured? I can get pregnant with no problems right?

Regards,
I heard you can get pregnant with PCOS, but its a little more difficult. Good luck and yes exercise and healthy eating will help with PCOS.
Pcos cannot be cured, it's a life long battle from what I was told. You can have children. When you use fertility meds you cannot take them when you have a cyst because it can cause major problems making the cyst increase in size. My doctor has me on met for min for and I watch my sugar intake even though I'm not diabetic, it's an insulin dependant syndrome.if you can keep your weight down that is also very beneficial.  Good luck to you.
Ginger