Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) Community
Possible PCOS with normal periods every month?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to PCOS including anxiety, baldness or thinning hair, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, depression, type 2 diabetes, genetics, heart problems, increased hair growth (hirsuitism), infertility, menstruation (periods), obesity, ovarian cysts, pelvic pain, pregnancy, skin problems, sleep disorders, and weight gain.

i am 38 yrs old.  i never wanted to have children so i've always used protection so i have no idea if i would have fertility issues.  when i was in my late teens i stated getting facial hair and hair below my belly button.  also my body hair in general is a bit more course then other ladies.  for instance the hair on my legs is a bit thicker.  i have to shave my legs every day.  so like i said i have excess hair on my face (which i control pretty will vith vaniqa) and i have hair under my belly button.  i started my period at 11 yrs old and i've always gotten it every single month.  it is  always the same normal amount of flow and lasts 5 days.  i get some cramping during my period but if i take a couple of advil it is very well controlled, no pain...  i never have any abdominal pain inbetween periods or any irregular bleeding.  when i was 24 i went to the doctor for the hair symptoms and bloodwork was done.  i had elevated testosterone and elevated prolactin.  i went for a scan of my pituitary gland, ovaries and adrenal glands.  the scanning facility screwed up and only scanned my adrenal glands which were normal.  immedately after that i came off of my parents health insurance and never followed back up on any of this.  i recently got insurance again but not have disgussed this with my doctor.  i guess i am scared as i have medical phobia/anxieties which i am going to counseling for.  i have had recent routine bloodwork done and my thyroid is normal and my fasting blood sugar was 79 (normal). my blood pressure is always normal.  my good cholesterol is in the normal range, i have elevated bad cholesterol and my tryglycerides are in the normal range.  i am a bit overweight (about 30 - 40 lbs) but i do over eat the wrong foods.  i am working on changing my diet and have recently lost 10 lbs so far.  what do you think the odds are that i have PCOS being that my fasting glucose is normal and i have always had normal periods like clockwork every single month but at the same time have elevated testosterone, prolactin and excess facial hair??      
i also want to add i have no thinning of the hair on my head, no skin tags or any other visual symptoms of the disorder except the body hair problem...
It sounds like what you are describing is a lot like what I am going through.  My doctor diagnosed me with PCOS, but a year or two ago, the cysts mysteriously vanished and I no longer have PCOS.  I would get in to the gynocologist and have your hormones checked again.  Since you are dieting and losing weight, it may not be a bad idea anyway.  I have most of the symptoms you do and was diagnosed with PCOS without having PCOS.  *Shrugs*  Or, maybe we just produce more testosterone and prolactin than most women.  I also started my period very young (10yrs.) so who knows?  Did you recently come off of the pill?  Because that will do it too.  Though, you would more than likely have irregular periods if that were the case.  Trust me, I would know.  See a doctor.  What harm could it do?