Provera wait time?
So I recently spent the night in the ER because of some intense pelvic pain. After getting a CT scan they said I had multiple Hemorrhagic cysts on each ovary and they said one must have burst. Afterwards I had a pelvic ultrasound and my obgyn said I had one cyst that seemed to be halfway wrapped around my fallopian tube? She said that one was hard to tell, but I had an obvious 19mm cyst on the right ovary. So, got myself a diagnosis of PCOS and since my period has been absent for three months she prescribed me 5mg of Provera for 5 days. I did all of this and now it's been 3 days since my last dose and still no period. Where I have the big cyst I will get random sharp stabbing pain every now and then when I'm sitting or relaxing. I've had those for a while though so I don't really equate them with the medication or getting off of it. My question is she said if the first round didn't bring on my period that I should take 10mg for 10 days. I would prefer not to take the second round of pills because I didn't have a great reaction to them, but I would just really like to get my period so I can get on birth control pills and hopefully shrink the cyst and get back to my life without every day pain and nausea. My biggest question of all is how long should I wait and see if I get a period before I start Provera again? She never really said how long I should wait just told me what I should do if nothing happened, but didn't give me a window. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Cancel
0 Answers
Page 1 of 1
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Doctor Ratings & Reviews
Comprehensive info on 720K doctors.
Complete reviews, ratings & more.
Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) Community Resources
Top Women's Health Answerers