Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) Community
Question For Metformin Users

This patient support community is for discussions relating to PCOS including anxiety, baldness or thinning hair, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, depression, type 2 diabetes, genetics, heart problems, increased hair growth (hirsuitism), infertility, menstruation (periods), obesity, ovarian cysts, pelvic pain, pregnancy, skin problems, sleep disorders, and weight gain.

Question For Metformin Users

I am currently only taking 500mg of metformin.  I will start taking 1000mg tomorrow.

My question is can I take both pills at night or is it more beneficial to take then 12 hours apart?

I had the tummy trouble on 500mg and got past it and I assume it will come back when I up the dosage.

Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Lynn
You will probably experience tummy trouble again with the higher dose but it gets better after a while if you can tolerate it. You should really ask your do tod how he wants you to take it or ask your pharmacist. Are you taking this for pcos or are you diabetic?
Good luck to you !
Ginger
I take 500mg at a time 12 hrs apart for pcos for a total of 1000mg a day
PCOS!  I will probably just do it 12 hours apart to be safe
Ok now i have been taking 1000mg of met now for 5 days, the poops are back but today I feel like crapola!  Yesterday was a very off day for me, missed meals, didn't use the potty as often as normal bla bl abl.. maybe thats it?
I've been on it for 3 weeks no symptoms
I'm taking the for PCOS I started taking 1 daily for 2 weeks, now I'm taking 2 daily for another 2 weeks then I'm up to 3 daily for the rest of my life. My doctor told me to take them one in the morning, one at mid-day and anotehr in the evening they do give me some trouble but have to bear it and hopefully my body will get used to them