Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) Community
Severe back pain during 1st day of period
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to PCOS including anxiety, baldness or thinning hair, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, depression, type 2 diabetes, genetics, heart problems, increased hair growth (hirsuitism), infertility, menstruation (periods), obesity, ovarian cysts, pelvic pain, pregnancy, skin problems, sleep disorders, and weight gain.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Severe back pain during 1st day of period

Someone please help me.  I am 39 years old and for the past 3 years I've been in extreme pain each month for the first and second day of my period. I have scoliosis and DDD however I only have this severe pain each month during my period.  I have regular pap smears.  I've had an endometrial ablastion done.  I have no cysts or polyps.  I have had 6 cortisone injections in the last 2 years.  I taking everything from Ibuprofen to Vicoprofen and nothing stops this pain but time.  My periods are regular but I have very little bleeding.  My back feels like someone is twisting something as tight as possible then releases it causing a firery feeling to run across your lower back.  I can withstand pain but this is something different I don't know how to explain it but extreme pain that nothing really stops I have to sedate myself and sleep though it which takes 2 days of my life each month.  I've also tried capsicum patches and a TENS unit which help but do not stop the pain only with the sedation mask it as you sleep through the 2 days.  This is a problem for me because I have a 13 year old who I just can't spend anytime with on these days and a husband who doesn't understand it either.  I have not been able to work on the 1st day of my period for the last 6 months.  If anyone experiences anything like this PLEASE advise me on what to do or who to contact.  Thank you.