Severe back pain during 1st day of period
Someone please help me.  I am 39 years old and for the past 3 years I've been in extreme pain each month for the first and second day of my period. I have scoliosis and DDD however I only have this severe pain each month during my period.  I have regular pap smears.  I've had an endometrial ablastion done.  I have no cysts or polyps.  I have had 6 cortisone injections in the last 2 years.  I taking everything from Ibuprofen to Vicoprofen and nothing stops this pain but time.  My periods are regular but I have very little bleeding.  My back feels like someone is twisting something as tight as possible then releases it causing a firery feeling to run across your lower back.  I can withstand pain but this is something different I don't know how to explain it but extreme pain that nothing really stops I have to sedate myself and sleep though it which takes 2 days of my life each month.  I've also tried capsicum patches and a TENS unit which help but do not stop the pain only with the sedation mask it as you sleep through the 2 days.  This is a problem for me because I have a 13 year old who I just can't spend anytime with on these days and a husband who doesn't understand it either.  I have not been able to work on the 1st day of my period for the last 6 months.  If anyone experiences anything like this PLEASE advise me on what to do or who to contact.  Thank you.
your description of pain sounds like a torsion of some sort, which is really possible with endometriosis, things in the anamtomy get stuck together wher they should not be,,for example by uterus had to be peeled off bladder and one ovary was stuck to my bowel, since your pain is always worst on day one of menses Im thinking perhaps your progestrone is off. Have you had a full panel blood draw for hormones? I know some doctors are difficult to work with but honestly consider them your employee, you can fire them at will and get another until you find a good one.
Hugs, Cherie