Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) Community
Strange Period

This patient support community is for discussions relating to PCOS including anxiety, baldness or thinning hair, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, depression, type 2 diabetes, genetics, heart problems, increased hair growth (hirsuitism), infertility, menstruation (periods), obesity, ovarian cysts, pelvic pain, pregnancy, skin problems, sleep disorders, and weight gain.

Strange Period

My husband and I have been trying to conceive for some time now. After coming off the pill I did not have a period for a year and so had some tests and it turns out that I have PCOS and Diabetes. The doctor's have prescribed me with Metformin and suggested that I lose a little weight.(I am not massively over weight just carrying a few extra pounds but have been losing around 2lbs a week regularly). Anyway, I thought that last month we had conceived so I was a little disappointed to receive what I think was my period, but it was so unusual.
Day one was one tampon of thick black tar like substance (sorry if that's tmi) but not much after that. Days 2,3,4 & 5 were just spotting with brown blood and a little light pink/red blood every now and then. I had no period pains which is not like me, I only experienced some pulsing/twitching/pulling sensations in my left side.
I took a pregnancy test when I was spotting (it was a cheap test) and it was negative. I do not have any other symptoms of pregnancy. I was just hoping for some advice/theories of what this could have been?
Hi. Don't worry test in few days I had similar sympoms of peagnency. Negative result for 10days of unusual period.  If still not pragnant just try next cycle as on metformin is easier. The huge plus is that you have period back and conciving is a matter of time .good luck