Strange Symptoms and Period Irregularity
I am 23 and recently have noticed a change in my body. Over the past few months I have noticed that under extreme stress I will get 2 periods in a month. I have also recently become sexually active (May 2012). I noticed about 9 months ago that I was experiencing a burning sensation at times during intercourse and I would contract UTI's almost every time I had sex. I also experienced nausea and vomiting almost daily and loss of appetite. In mid January I had sexual intercourse again and a few days after I began spotting and then experienced a heavy blood flow followed by spotting for about 3 days. I haven't had a period for February. I've taken two pregnancy tests, both negative, and plan to do another. We used a condom and the pullout method. What caused the bleeding in January? Could it have been a second period? And, are these symptoms of ovarian cysts? I read that they were. I'm just unsure of what's happening with my body and it's causing me much stress.
HI,
Irregular bleeding can be due to various reasons. A consultation with your Doctor, a pregnancy test, Pap smear and an ultrasound scan will help make the diagnosis. Consult a gynaecologist for an evaluation.
Hope this helps.