Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) Community
TTC with PCOS and high testosterone levels

This patient support community is for discussions relating to PCOS including anxiety, baldness or thinning hair, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, depression, type 2 diabetes, genetics, heart problems, increased hair growth (hirsuitism), infertility, menstruation (periods), obesity, ovarian cysts, pelvic pain, pregnancy, skin problems, sleep disorders, and weight gain.

Hi me and my fiancé have been TTC since January. Last year I did get 3 depo shots and my last one was in November.

I went to see the doc as my period are all over the place and before I was on any kind of BC they were the same.   To give you some kind of perspective i havent had a period in 4 months.

I recently went to see the doc and he did blood tests and an ultrasound as he thought I may have PCOS. All tests confirmed I do. He did mentioned that my testosterone levels are high. I really am wanting to fall pregnant within the next couple of months, I have tried taking vitex tablets to bring regularity to my cycle but they didn't seem to help.

Any ideas on what might help natural or prescription. I'm going back to see the doc In a week and he has had me trying to eat healthier and exercising more, any advice for what I can ask him for next week would be appreciated. I am also thinking about going to see a naturopath so any advice would be appreciated
I saw an endocronolgist who perscribed it for me. I was nvr tested by the dr weather i was ovulating, however when using fertility monitor it always said.no. Good luck with everything and mssg me if you need anything. I actually see my endo Dr tommorow :)
Hi.
I also have pcos, was diagnosed last may. At that time the dr said it might be very difficult to conceive. lol little did he know i was already pregnant, unfortunetlly i lost my son. Following this my dr put me on metformin to help regulate things, he also told me it would help with pregnany. I started taking it in august and now am 7 weeks pregnant. I  guess what im trying to say is stay strong and have faith. if you ever wanna talk im here.
Yer I was thinking about metformin. Don't really wanna go down that path but i think I might have to face that might be my only chance at conceiving. might mention it to the doc can he prescribe it or do you have to see a fertilty doctor. Also we're you ovulating on your own before going onto metformin. I don't ovulate and haven't had a period since June
Im goin through same thing now just a steps ahead, i have high testosterone too, i mc last july n had my 1st period since was this aug so went a yr :-( am no waitinh to have tubes tested for blockages a hysterosalpingogram i think thts how its spelt lol, if they are clear i am thn to start taking clomid in feb i had to c a fertility dr its been vry slow moving but the ball is moving have paitence sweet you'll get there, was ur ultrasound vaginal?? I had my 2nd on fri morn n now im bleeding did this happen to u as im not sure if im havin a period now or if its been brought on by being intruded upon lol x
Yet I had a virginal ultrasound, no bleeding though. Glad I found out I have these problems early though. Have u tried anything natural/herbal?
how did u go at the endocronogist.

hoping my gp can prescribe me something to get things moving.