Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) Community
Tips?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to PCOS including anxiety, baldness or thinning hair, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, depression, type 2 diabetes, genetics, heart problems, increased hair growth (hirsuitism), infertility, menstruation (periods), obesity, ovarian cysts, pelvic pain, pregnancy, skin problems, sleep disorders, and weight gain.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Tips?

Hi I'm 16 and just been diagnosed with PCOS. Because of my age my doctor doesn't want to put me on any kind of medication. I'm going to start taking vitamins and cutting back on my fizzy drink and sugar intake but does anyone have any tip on how to lose weight or how to find motivation? I really just want to have a normal life and not have to worry about the consequences of my syndrome. Thanks. Xxx
HI,
At a young age aggressive treatment is not necessary. Keeping weight in control will go a long way in helping with the PCOS. Weight loss can be achieved by a combination of diet control or dietary modification and exercise. You should consult a dietician to prepare a diet chart according to your food habits, in such a way that nutrition is not compromised. Exercise should be such that is as per your liking so that the chances of sticking to the exercise regime are greater. Exercise should be done daily for 30 to 60 minutes.
Hope this helps.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank