What is happening?
I have been having a thick brown discharge with blood clots in it for just under 2 months. Sometimes it's not there when I wipe be it is there daily. I have cramps in my left side but it spreads over to my thighs and right side. I have pcos and have just been diagnosed with hypothyroidism. I went to my doctor about 3 weeks ago and she said I had a yeast infection... And that could explain the bleeding, however I went back a week later and I have now got an appointment in three weeks time for an ultra sound. I had a benign tumour removed from my left ovary a year ago this August- so I don't know if it could be anything to do with that? I am sexually active and haven't been using protection for over 2 years- I have never fallen pregnant, but now that I've started taking thyroxine I wonder if I'm maybe having an ectopic pregnancy or something? Please help, I can't stand the thought of having three more weeks feeling like this. Thanks so much :)
Pain associated with blood clots can be because of various reasons, like PCOS, endometrial hyperplasia, hormonal imbalance and also ectopic pregnancy. An internal examination and serum beta HCG levels will help make the diagnosis and to rule out an ectopic pregnancy. Also you can try for an earlier date of an ultrasound scan if beta HCG levels come positive.
Hope this helps.  
I hope you feel better! I am also going thru a tuff time and I kno what its like to be scared! But you just have to think positive and they will figure out what is wrong I have clots during my period and brownish discharge during the end never any pain though but i have my periods for about 2 weeks usually is the average time they last PCOS is no fun! But I am here for you if u need anything just do your research  and don't freak your self out(:
Good luck!