When does female hair growth qualify as hirsutism?
Hi there,

Over the past few years when I've been coming out of puberty, I think, I've experienced a lot more hair growth. I come from a genetically hairy family. My dad is ridiculously hairy, although lucked out with no back hair (otherwise, my god, I'd probably have some), and my mum has hair that is more sensitive to hormones even though her hair is fine. For me, I have an annoying amount of hair on my upper lip, and the hair on my chin under certain lights is definitely darker. I often just use Nair or Jolen bleach for my upper lip, so it's okay. Just recently, however, the tiny vellus hairs on my stomach have been getting darker, and a tiny bit longer, and I certainly have a mini treasure trail now (see photo). As for my arms, ugh, I always need to bleach them. I would say once a week. It's not thick hair, it's long hair and lots of it. Does bleaching stimulate more hair growth? I've even noticed hair on my toes which I mistakenly tried to shave when I was thirteen or so and now I trim it with scissors otherwise it's way too noticeable.

If I went to a doctor, what could they even do? I'm also worried that my Yaz birth control pills have increased hair growth, although I doubt it. About a year ago, when I was 17, I went to my doctor and I got blood tests and went to have my uterus checked out and everything looked normal...
I'm sorry I'm not qualified to give you a range of credible alternatives.  But what does come to mind is laser hair removal.  Those with light skin and dark hair are the best candidates for laser hair removal.

I have PCOS, too, but I am the opposite...almost hairless.   But, in the ways many women would like permanent hair removal, I do too.  But since I have very fair skin and blond hair, I'm not a candidate for laser hair removal.  

Although expensive, that would be a permanent solution.  I just thought I'd mention it, since the pictures indicates you'd likely be a good candidate.

Good luck!  :)
Wow, lucky you with being hairless! I often think about how much more awesome life in general would be. Must be fantastic. Yeah, I have looked into laser hair removal. ATM I think I'll just bleach it because laser hair removal is so expensive. I'm just wondering if bleaching is actually irritating my hair follicles and making hair growth faster.

Anyways, thanks for your input! :)
Could you go to your drs and ask for a pill that helps? I'm also like the lady above I've got no extra hair growth. Just don't ever have periods. What about waxing?? X