Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) Community
Worried I may have PCOS
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to PCOS including anxiety, baldness or thinning hair, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, depression, type 2 diabetes, genetics, heart problems, increased hair growth (hirsuitism), infertility, menstruation (periods), obesity, ovarian cysts, pelvic pain, pregnancy, skin problems, sleep disorders, and weight gain.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Worried I may have PCOS

I'm 23 and on birth control (Loestrin 24).  Normally my periods are somewhat regular, but really light and short.  Last month I didn't have one, but I did have some slight spotting before my period was supposed to come.  This month my period also skipped.

I have no other symptoms of PCOS except some acne on my chin (but occasional breakouts are not uncommon for me, I have oily skin, plus an expired skin product and eating wheat with my allergy may have caused this).  I am a pear shape with thick legs, I don't gain weight in my abdomen, no hair loss or facial hair symptoms. My acne isn't really cystic, just small tiny whiteheads.

Did any of you ONLY have missed periods as a symptom?  Should I be concerned?  Other than the missed period and the whiteheads on my chin I don't seem to have symptoms.  Will the other symptoms show eventually, or does this not sound like PCOS?  Nobody in my family has it.
4 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
2006473_tn?1378753433
My main symptom was skipped periods and then after I got of the loestrin fe24 I got a period that lasted for months of just spotting. I didn't really have excessive hair or hair loss.
Blank
Interesting.  Did you have weight gain issues?  I ask because I don't (and when I do gain weight, it's in my legs- I have permanent cankles regardless of my weight).  
Blank
2006473_tn?1378753433
My weight gain issue is that I can't really lose weight on my own. I slowly gained weight as a teen and I was a size 26 last year. I have been slowly losing the weight with the help of Metformin and better diet. I am now a size 20. Hope that helps.
Blank
It does.  Hope all is well with you and thanks so much for answering.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Emotional Eating: What Your Closet ...