Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) Community
being diagnosed today with pcos i am devastated i would love a bit of a...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to PCOS including anxiety, baldness or thinning hair, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, depression, type 2 diabetes, genetics, heart problems, increased hair growth (hirsuitism), infertility, menstruation (periods), obesity, ovarian cysts, pelvic pain, pregnancy, skin problems, sleep disorders, and weight gain.

being diagnosed today with pcos i am devastated i would love a bit of advice and reasurance.

ok so i been ttc for a long timejust found out i have pcos i am so crushed i have regular periods ovulate every month which i think is a good sign right?? what is the best treatments ??? clomid iui ivf.
i am joining a gym and starting a healthy plan asap i am not overweight any way but i have heard it helps i have no dienbetes i have never had it... so any advice would be greatly recived thankyou....am i going to have my baby i have wanted for so long xx
Hannah Honey, I'm so sorry to hear this, but first let me ease your pain, PCOS is not the end of the world at all, it just means that we girls have to jump through hoops to get to our little ones, I have been put on metformin for my pcos which is to control your hormone levels along with regulate your cycles, but since that's not your problem, the metformin may help you in other ways and a little quicker than the rest of us! Yes Clomid does help with ovulation but since you're pretty regular then you probably wont need that. IUI and IVF, I don't know much about but I think it's a little to early for you to go that route. THey wil probably want to get some blood work done, know exactly what's going on with you, and then like they did me, your Reproductive Endocrinologist will come up with a TTC attack plan. For you, I have a doctors appt on Friday and I have to go in to see how the meds (metformin) are working for me. I will ask about the IUI and IVF and the clomid if your ovulating situation for you if I can remember.

Anyhoo sweetie it sounds serious but it's not as bad as it seems, it just means we have to work a little harder, diet and excercise, get stuck with needles/get blood drawn and be monitored a little more than the average women LOL but in the end it will be well worth it!  Good Luck I'll keep you posted and you keep me posted. Cheer up! It's not as bad as you think it is! Also you have a lot going for you, you're young, you're not a fatty cakes like me LOL, you have regualar cycles and ovulate regularly, you may just need some of the metformin or just take a little more time with the ttc and you could very well be fine. SSBD deary!!
thanks hun i was planning ivf in 2 months but i am going to wait see were i stand now i feel so down need to cheer up lol xx
good luck friday x

Anyways, like Robyn said, it's not the end of the world having pcos. I have it since 2007 maybe longer. Yes its a pain in the butt for having to be on medicine (bc pills and metformin) but atleast I feel healthy know. I also have lost 57 lbs since September 2008. I understand the fact you wanna have a baby, but having pcos isn't gonna stop you. Many girls who have it end up having babies in the end. It just might take a longer time, then again alot of women who dont have pcos have a hard time falling pregnant. You just have to be in good faith, and dont think like its the end of the world. Having pcos is actually quite common.
i do have pcos! it was confirmed yesterday and i do have regular periods and i ovulate regular i have been speaking to a few women who have it and they ovulate reg to and they have regular periods everyone is different  thanks for the advice x
I have pcos to and also my period is regular every month but my cycles are annovulative.I don't ovulate.That is why i started with clomit which it didn't do a thing for me and we moved to injections, and got pregnant three times and m/c all three.Now i'm waiting for ivf.I have had 2 failed cycles so i'm in a little bid of discarouge side. It is difficult for us cause of the hormone imbalance but not imposable.Start with the easy stuff and later you can take another direction.
sorry to here that hun i no its easy to say but be possitive it will happen you seem to be a fighter you should come and join our thread on the fertility forum a great bunch of girls truley amazing and im thinking of doing a thread for pcos cuz i have no ideaabout it and no i am not the only one im sorry you dont ovulate i bet that is so tuff your so strong i hopw mine stays mild and with a bit of help and monitoring i will get pregnant
i understand a m/c is a great loss and i am unsure weather i had one or not (very long story) but i still grieved just the doctors here in uk are so slow lol but i bet it was a great feeling seeing the bfp i can not wait and obvs i want to have a healthy hapy 9 months but i mean the insial thought of getting a bfp seems way to emaotional for my lil heart to deal with good luck hope to here a lo from u x