Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) Community
conceiving after a tmr

This patient support community is for discussions relating to PCOS including anxiety, baldness or thinning hair, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, depression, type 2 diabetes, genetics, heart problems, increased hair growth (hirsuitism), infertility, menstruation (periods), obesity, ovarian cysts, pelvic pain, pregnancy, skin problems, sleep disorders, and weight gain.

conceiving after a tmr

Dear Dr,
I am 26 years old and have PCOS as well as hypothyroidsm.
I had to terminate my pregnancy due to severe oligohydramnios (due to a whole in the sac) at 19 weeks. Blood pressure,and sugar during my pregnancy was always normal. It was my first pregnancy.
How soon is it safe for me to conceive again. I want to start trying as soon as possible.
Thank you
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Usually it is advisable to give a gap of 3 to 6 months to help the body recover after a termination. Given the hormonal issues and the pregnancy mishap, it would be best to take prenatal medicines before attempting another pregnancy. This will increase the chances of a good outcome.
Hope this helps.
Dr S.W
Thank you so much for the reply, i still haven't received a follow up appoint with my ObGyn .. I will wait until i see her before trying and ask about the prenatal medicines...
thank you