Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) Community
crippling pain every month...not period cramps
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to PCOS including anxiety, baldness or thinning hair, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, depression, type 2 diabetes, genetics, heart problems, increased hair growth (hirsuitism), infertility, menstruation (periods), obesity, ovarian cysts, pelvic pain, pregnancy, skin problems, sleep disorders, and weight gain.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

crippling pain every month...not period cramps

Hi everyone. i have known since i was about 18 that i have pcos, ive been through years of absent periods, heavy bleeding, terrible cramps, pain during sex, and being unable to conceive. the worst symptom of all tho ..has to be this awful pain that leaves me doubled over. it comez on usually a week or 2 before my period, it can be triggered by sex or for no reason at all. it starts as a slight sharp pain inside my lower abdomen, i cant put any pressure on my rear at all ; so usually end up doubled over on my knees. The pain gets stronger and stronger...then fades away, and carries on like that for an hour or so, like contractions. it is the most scary painful time of my life wen i get this pain, i dread it every month, and also dread it happening wen im not at home, because i cant straighten my body out or even move. It leaves me shaking and absolutely drained, my stomach is swollen and sore for a few days after it. is this linked to my pcos? Or could it be something totally different? Thanx in advance for any comments :) x
HI,
Such a severe type of dysmenorrhoea needs to be investigated to find out the cause. PCOS should not be causing so much pain. Ultrasounds scan of the pelvis and if needed laparoscopy may be necessary to reach a diagnosis. Consult a gynaecologist for an evaluation. Hope this helps.
Take care and good luck.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank