Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) Community
extremely long periods
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to PCOS including anxiety, baldness or thinning hair, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, depression, type 2 diabetes, genetics, heart problems, increased hair growth (hirsuitism), infertility, menstruation (periods), obesity, ovarian cysts, pelvic pain, pregnancy, skin problems, sleep disorders, and weight gain.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

extremely long periods

for 6 years now (i'm 21) my periods have been extremely irregular. i have it for 21 days sometimes. right now i've had my period for 14 days and counting. at 13 yrs old i bled for 7-10 days, really heavily for half the time and then tapering off towards the end. when i was 15 my period started lasting longer, i experienced LESS cramping, less bleeding and less symptoms of PMS. now when i have my period i barely bleed, at most a medium flow, but im always bleeding. i do get some cramps but they are rare and never hurt like they used to. at 16 i was put on the pill to try fix it, and it seemed to help. the only problem was the cramping on the pill was worse than i had ever experienced. when i got off the pill i didnt get my period for like 5 months. and then i was more irregular than ever. i have had an ultrasound done and i did have a couple of ovarian cysts, i was told. but they are too tiny to do anything and i was told they come and go. anyone have any insight?

i weight 100 lbs, i'm 5'3" i have no problem losing or gaining weight.