fertility!!
Today i found out i have polycystic ov syndrome,i only went to doc to get blood test results and tablets for an underactive thyroid that was picked up a few months ago. Have had alot of tests lately! I do have one child whose 18 months and had no idea i had pcos but thinking about it i had the symptoms for years. It took a good few years to have my little boy. I would like a child in future and have looked at other sitws about getting pregnant and the % and meds ect. How easy has it been for anyone to fall pregnant? Im grateful for little boy but would love another child and im gutted that this may not happen! Any advice or experiences would really pick me up!
Thanks!
Hi!
Today many women who have hypothyroidism and PCOS go ahead and have healthy pregnancies and babies. However, your PCOS and thyroid problem should be under control and you would need careful monitoring during pregnancy.
While any metabolic disorder such as hypothyroidism and insulin resistance due to PCOS reduces your chances of getting pregnant, I would say that you still have a fairly decent chance of getting pregnant. Please consult your gynecologist. The key to success is to get a fairly regular cycle and regular ovulation. Please consult your gynecologist regarding this. Hope this helps. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.