in pain - PCOS or something else?
Hey, so when I was 16 I had irregular periods, were just all over place.When I was 17, i seen the dr and he seemed to think I had polysistic ovaries because my mother suffered from the same condition. I had blood tests and an ultrasound scan -nothing was wrong - apparantly bloods were clear and from the scan i had and i quote "perfect ovaries". I was put on Norethisterone to regulate my periods which they did do till now...  Now i'm 21. My last period lasted 4 weeks constant- i always wear 2 sanitary towels (sometimes can get heavy and i feel much more comfortable) .. 4 weeks bleeding went by, i stopped then for just under 2 weeks, bled for 1 day. stopped again for a week, bled again for 1 day, stopped for 2 days, now am bleeding again and have been for 16 days.  Right the way through this i have been in alot of pain - am taking pain killers and acid tablets to try to control my bleeding. however, as soon as the painkillers wear off im in alot of pain straight away- most of the time its so painful it makes me feel sick. I seen the doctor again and without a doubt he thinks it is polycystic ovaries again. Had more blood tests that came back all clear. Awaiting a scan now coming up in december. I've not been told of anything else that it could be other than PCOS. Could I be pregnant or having a miscarrage? Could it be something else? kinda getting me down :/
HI,
Miscarriage may present in a similar way. Hence the ultrasound scan is of importance for making the diagnosis. You should also have an internal examination to rule out local pathology like cervical erosion, polyps etc. Consult a gynaecologist for an evaluation.
Hope this helps.