just diagnosed with PCOS
Hi all, I have just been diagnosed with PCOS. Apparently I have been having it since 23, I am 28 now. I did not know till my gynae informed me. I had my first baby when I was 27. He is really a miracle baby.. after trying for 2.5 yrs, , e and hubby decided to check with a fertility doc. The day I was due for the checks during the scan they found out I was pregnant. Boy I was so happy. After I gave birth to my son who is now 13 mths. 7 months after he was born I had my period which was so heavy amd I thought I was bleeding to death.. it lasted for a month till I decided to see my gynae and I was told I had water cyst and he gave me some hormone med and it got better.. Been trying for my 2nd one, doc tested my ovulation and said I was an ovulating, meaning to say I was diagnosed with PCOS. He suggested me totake clomid to get pregnant. But am hesistant, as I read on the effects clomid can cause the baby. I am supposed to go for weight treament and hair treatment as I lost alot of hair. Dont know where to start? Try for a baby first? Treatment for myself? Cant do both together. As the hair treatment affects the baby.
HI,
I guess you can go in for your treatment for now. This is because hair treatment is of various kinds and can affect the pregnancy. Also weight reduction will help with the PCOS. Weight loss can help regularise the hormones and you may not require taking clomid if this happens. Hope this helps.
Take care and good luck.
Thank you very much. Yes will proceed with treatment. Is there any websites which offer diets for PCOs? Lost to what I can eat and what I should not. Am going to start with my exercise routine like swimming..
There are tons of diets out there for PCOS but honestly you have to find what works for you.

My doctors said that conception will be hard for me but I'm still hopful. I have made it a point of losing the weight. Last year I was 235 pounds, I am now down to 188. Unfortunately I plateaued and have not been able to lose a pound in the last 5 months, even after doing P90X for 90 days!

I'm starting a diet supplment this week (a friend who has PCOS tried it and had success). If I can lose even 2 or 3 pounds a week I will be singing their praises and tell everyone.

Good luck on your journey!
Hi Mika.. Still looking around for PCOS diet. Wow from 235 to 188.. Keep trying..cause I conceived without med the first time.. and I did know I was having PCOs. I am trying for my second one.. hope the miracle happens again .. Its kinda stressful too.... Sorry what is P90X? Good luck on the supplement.. Do share if it works... :)