Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) Community
low sex drive/pcos

This patient support community is for discussions relating to PCOS including anxiety, baldness or thinning hair, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, depression, type 2 diabetes, genetics, heart problems, increased hair growth (hirsuitism), infertility, menstruation (periods), obesity, ovarian cysts, pelvic pain, pregnancy, skin problems, sleep disorders, and weight gain.

low sex drive/pcos

could PCOS make you sudently have a Very low sex drive? we went from 2-3 times a week to 1-2 a month. Even when we do it, it's just to please my DH, i mean i have no desire at all.
I have been diagnosed with PCOS for 8 years and gave birth to a cute B?G twins 2 years ago after several miscariages.
I took Metformine and Clomid for 3 cycles.
i'm worried about our relationship.
Please help!
I to have PCOS I was diagnosed with it about 8 years ago as well, and struggle with low sex drive. BIG TIME! My husband and I use to have sex all the time and now its like 1-2 a month and it feels like its a choir to have to do. It helps if your husband understands what PCOS does to a women but they don't understand.  My husband and I have been trying to have a baby for almost 2 years now and I have been on metformine and clomid and nothing helped us, and it doesnt help that i have such a low sex drive either.  
I, too, have no sex drive. No matter what I do, I can never ever get turned on. When we do it, it's more like "oh it's in there? hurry up and get it over with." If we havent been ttc for 3 years I wouldnt mind never having sex again. :( PCOS has ruined my life more ways than one.
I, too have the same problem...my husband and I have been trying for 3 years to get pregnant.  Throughout all that I found out that I am diabetic and I just found out from my new gyn that I have to wait until my Hemoglobin A1C (three-month blood sugar average) has to be below a 6 before she will even let me consider getting pregnant because of the risk of birth defects...I am almost at that point, my last check it was 7.3 but my fear is not wanting to have sex....i don't want to get to the point of just doing it to get pregnant...that is not fair to my hubby...and to make matters worse, i just found out today that my really good friend whose got married in January is 6 weeks pregnant.  I am truly happy for her but I could not help but to cry after I got off the phone with her...I try to keep the faith as hard as it is and I pray for all of us that are going with this to be blessed with happy and healthy babies.....
hi,i knew i had pcos since i was 13.i have been with my husband since i was 17 years old.i have never had an orgasm in my whole life.i think its becz of pcos only.i dont even know what its like.my husband always said that it will happen one day when i m not too worried or something.i have never seen a docter regarding this or told this to anyone else.my husband is great & we both love each other very much.although i dont know how it feels like for a woman to have sex & enjoy it but i try to do my best so that our relationship doesn't suffer becz of something thats wrong with my body.we r also trying for a baby.i do hope one day they find a cure for pcos coz i know how it affects ur whole life.
Ok.. now it makes sense to me.. I was thinking I was abnormal. I too have PCOS and absolutely no sex drive. I had to do it only on those days hoping to get pregnant.  But I am through IVF now.
Hi I have just been to the doctor and she thinks that I may have pcos, as I have high insuline, dizzy, heart palpitations etc now I am going to have to go for a scan but as I was reading this site I noticed several other things that I have that never occured to me could be due to something like PCOS, I have irregular periods sometimes two a month, and a VERY low sex drive, I rather eat and sleep than have sex, so I am pleased to hear that it could be due to PCOS...
so thanks for sharing your stories!
I'm suffering from hypothyroidism and PCOS-yup! SUFFER! I was diagnosed with PCOS early this year. My husband and I used to enjoy sex before all of my medications. My OB told me that side effect of meds and pressures of trying to conceive lowers the libido. Don't pressure yourself too much. Foreplay is the key. :-)
if anyone becomes aware of meds we can take for low sex drive, let me know. I'll do the same. I realize that w/ the hormone issues, there may be no hope for meds that help w/ PCOS symptoms, and increase sex drive.. but perhaps...
This doesn't make sense to me.  I am an RN and as far as I know having more male hormones produces a more male sex drive, which would be higher.  Don't understand if this is not the case but there may be something more complex involved.
It's funny you should bring this up because I experience the same, yet at the same time the comment from 'This end up' also makes a lot of sense. I wonder if our libido is more related to a different side of PCOS which was what I was online looking for when I came across this site.
I'm sure you will all probably agree that throughout all our experiences in arriving at a diagnosis of PCOS and then re-adjusting our lives to deal with it, we have all been poked and prodded around more than the average female that may only have to go for the odd smear. Plus we probably all experience side effects that can effect our confidence such as Hiruitism (I may have speltthat wrong - hell I can barely pronounce it - Hairy bodies for those that like English!)., Weight gain etc etc
Perhaps our lack of libido is down to our bodies going 'd'ya know what: naff off and leave me alone!'  We have associated a tense/anxious feeling with any form of attention paid to certain area. Plus possibly thinking I can't be bothered to get dressed up or dehaired or what ever ones ritual is, as perhaps we go to extra efforts that other ladies wouldn't because of these added side effects?
Incidentally, the reason I was looking around was because I suffer with a reasonable crop of hair on my breasts,nipples and chest as a result of my hormone imbalance. I am trying to find out if I went for Laser hair removal - could this leave me more prone to cancer in this area or of the skin in the future?. Have you or has anyone heard anything? as there's not a lot to be found.
Hi by the way!
I have thought that I might have PCOS since I was 18 or 19 but it wasnt until I was 22 that I found out I had cysts on my ovaries. I took birth control pills to treat it and ending up having horrible emotional side effects. Now I am on effexor for my depression and anxiety (which seems to be linked incredibly to my hormone imbalances). These days I barely want to touch my boyfriend and I dont even fantasize anymore.. about anyone!!! I have heard that anti-depressents can lower your sex drive, but I have been on them almost a year and havent had such lowering sex drive effects until just recently. In the last 3-4 months I have not been taking care of my body, thus not taking care of the imbalance. the more imbalanced I get, the more depressed, anxious and horny-less I get. I tend to think that it has alot to do with not feeling sexy anymore, because that has been my problem lately. And because I am all depressed, I have no drive to help myself get better. Like someone else said, I wouuld rather lay on the couch and eat ben & jerrys than start initiating a change in my life.. Its such a vicious cycle!!
WOW...i didn't know PCOS lowered womens sex drive ! Strangely enough.....I am quite the opposite. I was diagnosed in 2005 with PCOS and besides the excess hair growth ( which I down right HATE !!!) and the weight gain which has really been troubling me & my husband ; the only other thing I had that I was upset about was acne, which disappeared when I started using Proactiv *. It's weird because even though I tend to be very self concious about my body and the way it looks and stuff....I don't lack sex drive ! I actually have a higher sex drive than my hubby most times !!! LOL. I tell him sometimes..." I feel like the guy and youre acting a woman whos playing hard to get...lol " He finds it amusing....but I do wish we were on the same page all the time ! My hubby takes meds for High Blood pressure which lowers his sex drive, so basically I'm lucky if I get " it " once a week or once in 2 wks. Don't worry ladies...I think the lack of sex drive might be due to meds or the fact that you're not happy with the way you look and feel. When we don't feel feminine and are always self-conscious, that can destroy out sex drives. Don't worry things will get better. Try to do things for yourself that make you feel good about yourself ! Try to explain to your partners whats going on with you inside and out. If they love you, they will listen and understand ! Don't ever feel pressured to do things you don't feel like doing !. Sex should never be mechanical and fake ! You might aswell NOT do it at all !!! Good luck to you all !!!
There is a new study that I just came across today - Excessive estrogen appears to be the cause of the problem. When very young mice were given estrogen, they all developed polycystic ovaries. It is thought that estrogen alters the function of the thymus gland, thus preventing the full development of the regulatory T-cells.

Maybe that is why we have a increases sex drive- from all  the estrogen -not the male hormones?

here is the link to the whole article-
http://www.ovarian-cysts-pcos.com/news81.html#sec2

I also have decreased sex drive - this new study also is saying it may be genetic and is like a immune dysfunction. Which makes sense. I have had so many fluky things when it comes to my health  and chronic pain  for 10 yrs. and rashes , stomach problems etc. How about you guys?
Hi, I think i have twice the sex drive as my husband! however since i started metformin it has decreased.  my insulin and testosterone levels are normal though, and no abn hair and im underweight.  so who knows.
My husband and I just finished arguing about my lack of sex drive. I honestly never noticed. I was diagnoced with pcos about 3 years ago. Until just now I never put it together. This is really hard. I want to be a good wife in all ways but I just have no urge to have sex. I don't even miss it. I'm afraid my husband will leave me! Does anyone have any advice. I'm willing to do anything.
Are any of you on birth control?  I know it might sound silly especially if you're TTC, but I was on Yaz for like 2 months and my sex drive went into the negatives.  It was awful. I did some research and found out that it affected a lot of people in that way.  More research said that it could take up for a year for your sex drive to get back to normal. I switched back ASAP and its helped a lot.  I sometimes fine mine is higher than my boyfriends too, but hey, who knows.  
hi i've had pcos for 10 years now and same as u no sex drive but other than that none of the normal symptoms.
hey im confused i have pcos and my syptoms (symptoms) are hunger,very sleepyad strangely enough a very high sex drive that my husband cant always keep up with ..i think theres definately aconnection with libido but either goes one way or the other up or down
I agree with you. I'm not 30 .. I found out I had PCOS and Hypothyroidism when I was 26. I had my little girl in feb of 2005 ..soon after I had her I felt great for a month or town and things seem to go down hill quick. I felt like crap! I wasn't having a period not spotting nothing.. I had dry skin, brittle hair, weight gain BIG TIME, hair growth that I didn't have before, my mood was CRAZY! LOL : )
Nov of 2005 was when I found out I had PCOS and Hypothyroidism.. I was a big change for me to adjust to. From 2005 till now I have had a great sex drive.. and again foreplay is the key! : ) But these last few month is been bad for me.. I went from having a great sex drive to not having one! I know it has to have a lot to do with my health issue and I do think it's important for you to always talk to your partner about it so they will understand better.

P.S. I'm new to this site and I hope I posted appropriate response! I feel so clueless on here... if anyone has any tips.. please share them with me.. all feed back is always welcome! THANK YOU!! : ) Cat
Im so glad that im not alone I have a 3 year old son and since I had him i gained ton of weight and have the irregular periods where i get 1 a year if im lucky. got a little extra hair going on my arms etc.... but before my son we had sex 2-4 times a week now I  can go for a month without sex I have to force myself to have sex. my husband gets mad but he dont understand pcos.. I thought it was my fault but now i know im not alone
i am so glad i am not alone. i found out when i was 18 that i had PCOS. my sex drive was fine until the dr put me on clomid. now i have to force myself to have sex. i am 27 now. i just do it now to make my hubby happy. he does not understand that i can't help it. he thinks that i am not attracted to him and thats why i don't want to have sex. wrong. has anyone found anything to increase their sex drives. please let me know.
I was also just recently found out i have pcos. My partner has a very high sex drive and i have none at all. You would think that she being a woman would ubderstand the pain and emotional stress im under but it seems to be hurting our relationship...i dont know what to do! I love her and feel like pcos is tearing us apart.
This is a great thread, but it's sad that while we are all commiserating, no one has found any solutions.

I am about to switch to d-chiro-inositol  - I've read on other forums that it helps.
I wish I could say this thread was comforting. I am 24, was diagnosed with PCOS 3 years ago.  My boyfriend and I are always arguing about sex.  we have sex 3-5 times a month and he wants more, but I just have no desire to.  I want to live with him forever, grow old together, but this is tearing us apart.  he is so bitter towards me over this and there is nothing I can do to fix it.  I really wish I knew what to do.
I also have PCOS since I was a teenager.

I actually have a high sex drive!  my DH and I don't have sex that much anymore. sometimes its 1 time a month sometimes its 3-5 times a month.  of course its more now since we are TTC

I didn't realize that PCOS could cause you to lose your sex drive.  I could do it everyday if it was up to me.

I wish all of you ladies the best. and just stop worrying about sex, a relationship is not all about that. Maybe that once a month that you actually want to do it, you and you DH should try to make it more romantic and take it slow.  If its more enjoyable for you you might want it more often.

Good Luck
I also have psco 2.... I would not have  orgasm either... My sex life sucked ended up going to the dr about it and the reason that i was not having orgasm was b/c of psco.. The dr acted like it was no b deal... So when my husband and I decided 2 start trying for a baby... I had to go to the dr b/c I could not get preg.. He put me on metformin after taking for a month I started having orgasms.. So now when Im not trying to get preg i still stay on the metformin... My husband tells me im going to kill him haha,,
I really don't think that my sex drive is low. I would say if it was up to me and DH would be bding everyday. With school, and both being in school that doesn't happen. I am actually the one complaining because I always say that if we TTC, it will not happen with having sex 3-4 a month. But he saids that you always hear of other people having a "one night stand" and getting prego. I don't know if I have had an orgasm. I don't want to give TMI, because I think I do? Sorry I may sound very dumb, but it like when we are having sex it feels good, and I enjoy.  
same here...i used to have a high sex drive and now it's in the negatives. I blame the weight gain plus being a mom to a 3 yr old- it has me feeling less than sexy these days and more stressed than ever. I feel bad for my hubby bc it's not his fault. After I had my son, the pcos spiraled out of control and I've been orgasmless for 3 yrs. God how I miss those... ::tear::
For once I can relate to someone. I was diagnose with PCOS about 10 yrs ago and my sex drive has gone up as I get older. I also hate the excess hair.... specially on my face. Gotta pluck/tweeze or wax it out about every 3 days. I am also diabetic and now hypertensic, but my sex drive still is high. Even my boyfriend has said at times that I have a higher sex drive than him. He's good at keeping up and satisfying me... unlike my ex's...hahaha. And he understands about the excess hair. As long as my facial hair and that "other" area is taken care of, he cuts me a break on the rest of the body. I had the PCOS symptoms since I was 16yrs old, but I didn't get diagnosed until my mid 20's. Doctors in Puerto Rico and Florida never got me properly diagnosed. A doctor in Oakland, California was the one that diagnosed me correctly and now that I am back in Miami, FL, I found a doctor that specializes in PCOS. I got blessed/lucky. I've had 3 pregnancies and only 1 was a miscarriage. Both pregnancies were high risk, but both of my boys were born and are fine today. They are 15yrs old and 5yrs old. I hope my sex drive stays high. I enjoy sex too much and can't picture myself not wanting it.
This website has given me mixed emotions I honestly don't know what to think now. I'm 25 and I have a 3yr old son. Myself and my husband are going through some difficulties at present and have just decided to give it one last go. I decided it was time to check out my sex drive which is very low, I have no sex drive and usually get aroused during sex if at all. I would love a normal sex drive as I do enjoy it, so I started thinking what it could be. At 16 I had an Implanon fitted and now I am on my third having a break to have my son in between. I searched that and yes it can lower sex drive then i suddenly thought, I was diagnosed with PCOS when I married my husband at 21 (great wedding present that was) I was overwhelmed at the diagnosis as I had had thousands of test since being 13 trying to discover what was wrong, and you all know how intrusive they are.

Ive just come across this website and as I say I don't no what to think, its like relief that I have the answer and then sadness because I know from all the other symtoms (symptoms) of PCOS that there is no cure.
I'd like to thank you all though the relief itself will have to do and I have an appointment with the doc on Monday so who knows maybe I may get somewhere, fingers crossed.

To all those ladies trying so hard to have a baby and being slapped in the face by this horrid condition, I wish you all the world of luck, stay strong and keep fighting, it can get hard and then even harder but you will get there and then thats when all the fighting means the world, xxxxxxxxx
I have been diagnosed with PCOS also when I was 16, I am now 22. My fiance' knew before we got together and now 3 yrs later he will ask me to have sex and I say  no, and he like flips sayin F you. Like idk what to do anymore. I havent had a period in a yr. I dont wanna lose him he is my everything. Any suggestions????
I was diagnosed with PCOS when I was 13; I'm now 25. I *do* think there are solutions, although I am not a doctor. I have started to see serious progress with my own symptoms with simple health changes.

I have had most of the PCOS symptoms severely for 12 years. I only get my period once or twice a year, have hirsutism, insulin resistance, and other physical issues. Until the last year or so, I had not been overweight, but now because of the insulin resistance i find I am gaining weight very easily and also craving sugar and feeling worse. In other words, the symptoms were not staying stable and I had to try something new.

I did some research into dietary changes and discovered a number of people who switched to an all raw and local diet (local fruits and veggies and nuts and so forth; do not heat anything over 100 degrees, make sure to eat a balance for vitamins and protein) and cured themselves of PCOS completely, or so they say. I also discovered that caffeine (and nicotine) are awful for PCOS folks (I use both).

Lastly, I did some reading and thinking about womanhood generally, about the menstruation cycle and how it fits into daily life and how I have experienced it. A few ayurvedic sites got me to finally realize that part of the problem is the way menstruation is treated in our culture: you're not supposed to be overly emotional at different times; you're always supposed to feel and act steady and the same. You're supposed to treat your menstruation times as if they are just like any other day. Well, they're not like any other day. You have a cycle, and it affects your body and your mind. Try to suppress it, mentally or physically, and an imbalance is caused. I find that I have increased creativity, energy, emotion, and sex drive in the times around my period, and that I am attuned to different parts of my mind or experiences. My daily life forces me to ignore that, but I am committed now to respecting it.

I switched to raw, and started being more attentive to my body and to its own rhythm. I had my period within a week, my sex drive increased, and I actually am beginning to feel female again, slowly. I didn't even realize I had not been feeling completely like a woman because of PCOS. I am no longer experiencing ANY symptoms of insulin resistance, and I am way, way happier--lots of energy, no sugar-related ups and downs, no depression, no anxiety. I'm not all the way there by a long shot, since I just began this recently, but the changes so far have been big.

So seriously: I'm not a doctor, and I haven't cured it completely yet. But it's just a symptom set, and the doctors do not understand its cause yet, so it's up to you to experiment with natural ways of healing if you want to. Don't let anyone tell you it is incurable. It's only "incurable" because doctors have not found a cure. Stop eating ****** processed foods, check out some raw recipe sites (I swear, I thought it would be hard, but it's delicious), listen to your body, and respect the fact that your body wants to have a physical, mental, and emotional cycle.

Be happy and don't let stupid doctors tell you something can't be cured. PCOS can ruin lives and health.

Hi this is the first time I've ever posted anything but your comments are spot on. I was diagnosed with pcos about a year ago but have had it I think for 4 years. I am not overweight but do have irregular cycles and have been trying to get pregnant for 2 years. This is so hard because my sex drive is so low, I used to have sex 3/4 times a week but now it's a few times a month. I have zero energy and get tired and irritable very easily. I am curious about diet changes so I will try fresh food and reduce my caffeine and sugar intake and hopefully this will help. I hate having pcos because I get no answers from docs and I feel like my body is fighting against me if that makes sense. I just want to get pregnant and feel like a normal woman and wife again.
From someone with a high sex drive and having a girlfriend with PCOS I find myself getting increasingly frustrated at our lack of havings sex. It wasn;t until last night that we discussed perhaps her having PCOS might be the cause of her lack of sex drive. I think I find it hard because when we first started dating we were having sex around 5 times a week. Thsi went on for ages then it just tapered off. Now I am masturbating more than we're having sex, which as anybody will tell you, is not the same as making love with the person you're with.
Obviously we've had heated discussions with regards to it because it makes me feel unwanted, the fact that she doesn't want sex as much as I do. I don't expect her to want it all the time as I'd have it twice a day if I could. So, all kinds of things go through my mind when I get knocked back time and time again - am I sexy enough for her? Does she still find me desirable? Do I do it right? Although, she assures me that it's not me it's her it doesn't stop these thoughts through my mind, especially when we were at it like rabbits when our relationship forst started. I'm just worried we're gonna get into the whole 'once a week on a Friday at 8pm' cycle and only because she knows I need it rather than because she wants it.
She suggested I find out ways to higher her sex drive as it's like what some people have said on her already, she wiould rather eat or sleep than have sex. I have had every reason under the sun to not partake in us making love and it knocks my confidence every time. Obviously at the start I found in so frustrating but have started to try understanding but it is hard being on the other end with someone with a low sex drive and have even thought about not trying it on with her and waiting until she gives me the signals but, to be honest, I'm worried we'd stop having sex alltogether if I didn't put the effort on.
I have tried everything, romantic dinners, sensual massages, dressing up, making her feel sexy, nice candlelit baths together but still after all that she'd rather sleep, eat or watch TV. I love her dearly but I just don't know what to do to increaser her sex drive??????????????????????
Can I firstly say your doing everything right. It's so important to be patient because she probably won't understand what's going on with her body. I'm exactly the same, I over analyze my sex drive as it used to be high and the more I do it the more pressure I put on myself. I 100 per cent think pcos lowers sex drive. I think the illness has a medical effect, the changes to your body and the struggles to get pregnant and to understands things has a huge emotional effect. Be patient, although I appreciate it's hard. I do have some advice though, since my last post I have started a low gi diet which limits sugar intake, I have also stopped caffeine and exercise more and my sex drive and energy levels have increased. I would definitely recommend it. I was amazed how much sugary foods were affecting my moods and by removing them I felt like a new woman. Good luck with everything
I don't have any articles to back it up yet, but it seems to me, with the research I've done, that if you have high testosterone levels, your drive is  increased, and if you have high estrogen levels, it is decreased. Although I have high testosterone, I had excessively high estrogen for a long time, and my drive was almost non existent. Now that I have been working on my diet, exercise and supplements to even out my hormones, the hubby has been getting a lot more lately, and I'm enjoying it more.

This also makes sense to me because our estrogen levels start decreasing and our progesterone levels start increasing around the middle of our cycles, preparing for menstruation or pregnancy. My drive is always higher around the middle of my cycle, even though we aren't TTC.

I just wondered what contraception you guys are using? As I'm sure the contraceptive pill has a lot to do with sex drive. I was put on the pill at 17 due to irregular periods, I came off at 23 to try for a baby and was diagnosed with PCOS. After months of treatment with clomid I fell with my little boy. I was then put on dianette which was fine but when he was a year I was told I couldn't take it anymore. We wanted to start trying for a second child so I didn't take anything else and immediately fell pregnant and miscarried at 14 weeks. Then after more treatment of clomid finally had my little girl. I was then put on the mini pill which was horrific I started getting depressed, was paranoid, no sex drive what so ever. I was then put on microgynon which made things even worse so I changed to Yasmin which was fine for 6 months then the same symptoms again. I ended up coming off altogether with the promise my hubby would have a vasectomy. Well 2 years on and he's "not got round to it" and "too busy with work" My periods have been irratic, so we can't use the "safe" method.

My sex drive initially was great but we use withdrawal, and recently I've been so paranoid about falling pregnant and miscarrying that my sex drive has disappeared altogether. Using condoms is a complete turn off. I tried the IUD and I just bled for about a month and had horrendous contraction type pains.

So now I think the reason my sex drive is low is because I won't let him near me for fear of falling pregnant and the longer you go without the harder it is to "get in the mood"! I definitely agree with diet changes, I went on the South Beach diet about 2 years ago and that really helped increase my libido. I also find yoga and reiki helps too, just need to find another contraceptive method to get back on track, any ideas would be most welcome!

Martine
I too have pcos and struggle with low sex drive. I dont really enjoy it :( only sometimes right before my period. I was on estrace and had a very pleasant night with my hubby... i actually enjoyed the touching and kissing... it was beautiful
I have had pcos for 3 years and I also have NO sex drive and am very dry to the point I don't even get involved in relationships because I don't want to get to the point of sex. The RN is correct theoretically..but the pathologies of disieases are different for each person I am a physicians assistant and I've been looking through every book and resource available to me..to no avail. So ladies you are not alone. Its hard being a 25 year old female with no sex life! :{
I am 24 years old and have been diagnosed with PCOS for just over a year. Within that year I have jumped up from a size 7 to a 12/13, I am ALWAYS tired, I have no engery to do anything, my periods are unpredictable, I am crabby and emotional at the drop of a dime, I am growing chin hairs ( and starting to grow hair on my upper lip ), and have NO sex drive. This is causing a huge problem in my relationship. I am lucky if sex crosses my mind once a month. And when it does, its gone before any actions could take place. My boyfriend and I fight about the lack of sex all the time and he thinks that since I am not in the mood I must be out getting it elsewhere. It is a never ending cycle.
It has made me feel ugly and undesirable. Since I am so young, my gyno does not want to put me on alot of meds. If I am not on these, will it maker worse for me in the future? Is there anything OTC to help with ANY of the symptoms? If anyone knows of thing, please let me know. I do not want this following me around causing this level of self doubt. Thank you.
Hi, 30 yr old diagnosed with pcos in 2006. To the RN who posted. I thought the same thing. And I have to say, my sex drive fluctuates. Some months it's uncontrollable high and it's all I want, and times like right now I have absolutely no desire. There's an imbalance in our hormones as well all know, maybe it's just the up and down if u will. Either way I agree with other posts. Explain things to your partner. They will understand your emotions more. Pcos can be extremely hard to deal with and at times can feel overwhelming with different emotions.
How's the thyroid? Sometimes PCOS and hypothyroid go hand and hand! Low thyroid can decrease libido!
I'm the opposite...I have very high sex drive. Great thing is the hubby does too. So we're definitely insync lol. But the only time mines is down is during a hormonal imbalance or af is close.
When I started Metformin I noticed a really big decrease in my sex drive as well. It was noticeable cause, I never had a problem in that department before. I usually had the libido of a man. Usually with PCOS you have elevated levels of testosterone etc and Metformin lowers that to normal levels. I got off the Metformin cause, it was ruining my relationship. I recently had surgery to get rid of a few cysts so, I think that also helped as well but, I'd rather have high testosterone levels and a high sex drive than have no sex drive and normal hormone levels. Try getting off Metformin, or taking a lower dosage. Also, I'd like to note that the less sex you have, the more used to and comfortable you are with having less sex. I know it sounds crazy but try having more sex and see if your desire for it increases as well.
You really good for me to see what the effect on a partner it has. It's hard to accept the other side of the coin when it comes from your partner as it just feels like pressure on you. I guess it's hard for us women because we don't want to disappoint the ones we love ever. Thankam going to speak with my partner about this and have had the courage to go to the doctors for advise. Mayw your partner this message as it is written down and is not heated as i am sure many discussions in the past have been . It may help you never know. Just ed it is tough on us ladies not having the confidence and bodies we would like
Yes I know I was an actually still a little bit the same but I can say my sex drive got slightly better. I had NONE and I mean no sex drive whatsoever when I went to my obgyn ( a natural approach one) she did all if my hormone test and found out I have high testosterone , no progesterone and vitamin d. So I asked well if I have high testosterone I should want to have sex like a rabbit shouldn't I ??? She said the problem is that pcos is an hormonal issue and since my hormones are not balanced at all that's what's causing the problem. So I've been on progesterone cream, relaxmax which is to lower testosterone and contains dhea and calcium d vitamins. I can say that it really helped me get back to balance and helped my sex . I will continue this regimen until I get my hormones checked out again. In the meantime I heard about this thing that is suppose to completely reverse pcos it's called Insulite lab for pcos , I called and spoke to one of the doctors and it sounds very good and legit but I haven't tried it yet maybe cause I've been so busy but it sounds like a keeper and I heard it really really up your libido so I'm thinking about giving it a try next wkend when my income tax comes cause it can get pretty pricey buy hey if it's gonna give me my life back I'm up for anything!!! Also there's a site for pcos support www.soulcysters.com that's also where I found out it really helps us with our libido
It might be worth discussing with your doctor but there is a contraceptive injection that might be worth trying. And there is rumour of a "pill" for men but I wouldn't trust a man to remember to take it lol!
While I have not had an official diagnosis of PCOS, (lack of health insurance big hindrance), I have educated myself enough to know that I have had PCOS for years.  Add in perimenopause, LOTS of stress, and that equals very low sex drive for me.  I feel like my most of my energy winds up just taking care of "gotta do's", and sleeping.  Getting harder and harder to maintain my weight. Definitely shows around my middle.  I try to exercise, but often experience relapses in my CFIDS symptoms, which I have been diagnosed with twice ofer the last 15 years.. My Hirsutism started when I was in my late 20's. I am turning 50 this year, and have a full beard, that I have to shave twice a day. Very humiliating, and not many people know.  Too embarrassed to tell them, and I spend time every day to make sure no one can tell.  Have lots of other body hair developing, so to just take a shower is a really big chore, because it involves a lot of hair removal.  I have used progesterone cream in the past, and am going to start using again this month.  For PCOS it gets applied twice a day on days 14-28 of your menstrual cycle. I am very hopeful it will help.  I have read very good things about this alternative treatment, which is the treatment option I prefer.    
I am glad that finally I have found others that feel the same way.  I love my husband very much, but I have almost no sexual desire.  It's not like I go out in the world and look at other men and think about having sex with them.  I HAVE NO DESIRE AT ALL!!  I take the birth control pill to control some of the symptoms - hair loss, facial hair, etc, and the only time I have any desire is during the first week of the pill (when the hormones are the highest).  I wish it was like that all the time.  I feel terrible for my husband, although he appears to be pretty supportive...
hi my name is jenny and i had my left overy removed becasue it was twisted and i had more sex drive i cant figure out why i have always hurd that having one overy would case low sex drive to be honest when i had both of my overys i had a much lower sex drive then i do now and its really embarassing any advice would be nice
I too suffer from PCOS. I have a low sex drive, to the point where talking about sex disgusts me. My boyfriend feels neglected but I can't help it. This is horrible to live with. My stomach and uterus is very very sensitive and I can't have any kids. I go months without sex and feel fine without it.
Hi, i have pcos and have NEVER had an orgasm unless my hubby goes down on me but im also very sensitive wen i reach climax, like i cnt keep my legs open coz it hurts and im only 18 :( cnt wait to get rid of it
OMG..and I thought there was something wrong with me...but i guess the low sex drive is completely normal with having PCOS. I was diagnosed dec 2010 and since then my sex drive has just dropped drastically and I cant stand it.
my husband and i started trying for a baby 6 years ago. thats when i was told i had PCOS, i knew somthing wasnt right long before that but doctors kept flogging me off. i recently saw my GP about low libido, he pretty much said he knows nothing to help woman with this. i ddnt even think to connect it with PCOS!!! I really need to know if anyone has found any medications or herbal remedies that have helped. this is begging to affect my marrige :(
My girlfriend has PCOS and her hormones are imbalanced. She has no sex drive and I'm glad to have found this forum because I have really struggled with the lack of sex our entire relationship. She tells me she is still attracted to me and that she loves me, but it's been hard for me to feel a strong emotional connection with no physical connection. We have almost broken up over it in the past and or relationship is suffering currently. Reading this forum helps me to better understand what she is going through. It's not something I've ever dealt with before. In my previous relationships, my girlfriend's sex drive was never an issue and I never had a problem making them orgasm. Also, my girlfriend is young and beautiful and has a very healthy lifestyle (because she hated the weight she gained around her midsection, so she got very into fitness) Therefore, it's even harder to deal with because outwardly she seems fine! To all the women out there who read this, talk about it with your man. Talk talk talk. tell them how you feel and what your body feels. Don't just avoid sex and then let them wonder why. Reassure them that you still love them and think they are sexy, otherwise they will lose confidence and it will really hurt your relationship.
I have PCOS and my testosterone levels are very high. My sex drive is off the charts and I often make my party, and fiancé, feel inadequate because he can't satisfy me, I get random spikes of desire a lot and can go on for hours and hours. So I don't understand this at all. I have been diagnosed with PCOS since I was 15 years old and ever since I could remember I have had very very very strong urges towards sex. Almost uncontrollable really.
It's all a matter of hormones proportion....I also have very high testosterone, and I used to be sexoholic :) but then suddenly it all collapsed. Now I have no desire at all. Testosterone its not crucial for women's libido, estrogens and progesterone are mpst important- only when estro to progesterone proportion is proper U can have proper body reactions,