Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) Community
metformin- pregnancy?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to PCOS including anxiety, baldness or thinning hair, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, depression, type 2 diabetes, genetics, heart problems, increased hair growth (hirsuitism), infertility, menstruation (periods), obesity, ovarian cysts, pelvic pain, pregnancy, skin problems, sleep disorders, and weight gain.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

metformin- pregnancy?

Hello i was diagnosed with pcos february 5,2013 and was put on metformin 500mg twice a day. How long did it take you to conceive on metformin?
4 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
HI,
After starting treatment with metformin, it may take a few months to achieve a pregnancy. This will also depend on your hormonal levels. Hence a careful follow up with your gynaecologist is necessary.
Hope this helps.
Blank
Everytime i have lab work done all my hormone levels are normal.... i was put on provera for 10 days on march 7 i have not had a period since jan
Blank
I took provera for 5 days the beginning of November 2012 had my first period of the year the end of November ,  at this time I was taking metifornim 500mg x2 then had periods dec and jan ! But my periods have stopped again now ! I got a follow up with my gyno tomorrow! As I'm trying to conceive
Blank
I took provera on feb of this year and i had my period after.. After my period i took clomid for 5 days, metformin and multivitamins.. I ovulate on march 11 and now im 4 weeks and 6 days pregnant.. =) it's a miracle to us..
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Emotional Eating: What Your Closet ...