Aa
A
A
Close
Blank
migraines-do I need an endocrinologist?
I have had "hangover" type migraines for the past 15 years.  They are triggered by hormonal changes and foods-including when I eat.  For example, I can't eat after 6:30, no simple carbs after 4:00.  No caffeine, alcohol, MSG, etc.  2 years ago, I had a complete hysterectomy to try to regulate hormones, but there was no change in the frequency.  I have had great success with preventative meds, but they only work for 3 weeks, after which time my body adjusts and they never work again-even years later.  I am SO frustrated!  I can't go out to dinner, to parties, etc. unless I eat in advance.  My neurologist, primary care doc and gyn are completely perplexed.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  
Cancel
2 Answers
2 Answers
Page 1 of 1
Are you taking any migraine preventing meds?? I too suffer from them for the past 8 years and currently take Inderal LA 120mg once a day. It prevents the migraines, although sometimes my sinus headaches can trigger a migraine but its a rare thing. I know for me, stress triggers most of my migraines. Talk to your doctor. Im only being treated by my GP.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Thanks for the advice on the RX.  I haven't tried that, and will mention it to my neurologist.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488 tn?1310696703
Blank