Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) Community
migraines-do I need an endocrinologist?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to PCOS including anxiety, baldness or thinning hair, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, depression, type 2 diabetes, genetics, heart problems, increased hair growth (hirsuitism), infertility, menstruation (periods), obesity, ovarian cysts, pelvic pain, pregnancy, skin problems, sleep disorders, and weight gain.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

migraines-do I need an endocrinologist?

I have had "hangover" type migraines for the past 15 years.  They are triggered by hormonal changes and foods-including when I eat.  For example, I can't eat after 6:30, no simple carbs after 4:00.  No caffeine, alcohol, MSG, etc.  2 years ago, I had a complete hysterectomy to try to regulate hormones, but there was no change in the frequency.  I have had great success with preventative meds, but they only work for 3 weeks, after which time my body adjusts and they never work again-even years later.  I am SO frustrated!  I can't go out to dinner, to parties, etc. unless I eat in advance.  My neurologist, primary care doc and gyn are completely perplexed.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.