Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) Community
ovarian cyst removal. is it coming back?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to PCOS including anxiety, baldness or thinning hair, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, depression, type 2 diabetes, genetics, heart problems, increased hair growth (hirsuitism), infertility, menstruation (periods), obesity, ovarian cysts, pelvic pain, pregnancy, skin problems, sleep disorders, and weight gain.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

ovarian cyst removal. is it coming back?

hi, on may 18th of this year i had my left ovary entirely removed due to a 7cm by 8cm dermoid cyst, the surgery went great in and out and recovered fine but during recovery i was having slight pain on my right side similiar to pain on the left(due to the cyst) and i thought it was normal well as time passed it stopped for a day or so and then it was back with force keeping me up at night and causing me to double over mimicking the left side pain, after about 2 weeks i went to see my ob/gyn who also performed the surgery and said i was healing fine and he's been doing this for 20 years so i trusted him, at that app he put me on birth control to prevent cysts, well as time progressed the pain was getting worse so i made an app with him and i explained everything and he said it's not from surgery i know that and when i was in there the right one looked normal but he sent me for tests anyway, while in the app he told me about a girl who is 19 had her left side removed which was 10 cm all around and she was on birth control and then 2 months later her right side is affected. now i am scared. could he really have messed up? does anyone have any similar expericne? and what about pregnancy with a one ovary and a cyst inside that ovary. i am only 18 and want to know since my ob.gyn is now avoiding me, i am in a committed loving relationship and we talked and if it comes down to it we will have kids but we just need help anyone out there please? sorry i see like i am rambling i just need help.
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
i felt like i was reading my own story when i was 20 years old i went to the gyno for the first time and thought i would be in and out they found a dermoid cyst about 20cm in my right ovary the doctor scheduled me for immediate surgery the next week when i left the hospital he said on sunday i left on a thurs to take the birth control and not stop it will help and i had alot of faith like you did my boyfriend was with me the whole time through everything we were together 4 years at this point and he said no matter what we are together well in about 2 weeks after my surgery i was having severe pains on my left side went to the hospital and they said i was fine but to follow with obgyn went to see my obgyn and he said i was fine and had an ultra sound and inside ultra sound and he said it looked good and i thought it was in my head well about 2 months later the pain was still continuing but i found out i was pregnant i carried the baby to about 4 months and lost the baby i went to the gyno so he can check me out and he said you have a 10 cm cyst on your left side and i started panicking and saying how could it get there and he began telling me to go for immediate tests 3 days later i was back in his office and he apologized for "missing" the cyst i was devastated i tried suing but he had me sign a waiver stating not to sue for misdisnosis months ago this devastaed my life for some time but then my bf and i adopted and we love the child like our own good luck and get a second opinion now! love-karen
Blank
darling fight as hard as you can with these doctors i am now 22 and i was 18 when the same thing happened to me and unfourtunately i cannot have kids and ALMOST lost my life went into surgery for left ovary because of dermoid cyst was on b/c and a month later in severe pain on right side i went to my doctor 15 times begging him to help and do tests he did 12 ultrasounds/internal and told me i was fine and to stop coming so often i started to believe i was crazy until i ended up in the ER with vomiting and severe bleeding and really bad abdomen pain the doctor did a ultra sound and within 5 hours was in and out of surgery i had a full hysterctomy to save  my life a dermoid cyst estimated at 35cm had ruptured i asked the doctors how this could happen and they said sometimes they cannot be seen even at 100cm can you believe that? trust me when i say this GO WITH YOUR INSTINCT! GO FOR A SECOND, THIRD TWENTITH OPINION! IT IS YOUR HEALTH!!! PRAYERS AND GOOD WISHES!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...