Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) Community
ovarian cyst removal. is it coming back?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to PCOS including anxiety, baldness or thinning hair, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, depression, type 2 diabetes, genetics, heart problems, increased hair growth (hirsuitism), infertility, menstruation (periods), obesity, ovarian cysts, pelvic pain, pregnancy, skin problems, sleep disorders, and weight gain.

hi, on may 18th of this year i had my left ovary entirely removed due to a 7cm by 8cm dermoid cyst, the surgery went great in and out and recovered fine but during recovery i was having slight pain on my right side similiar to pain on the left(due to the cyst) and i thought it was normal well as time passed it stopped for a day or so and then it was back with force keeping me up at night and causing me to double over mimicking the left side pain, after about 2 weeks i went to see my ob/gyn who also performed the surgery and said i was healing fine and he's been doing this for 20 years so i trusted him, at that app he put me on birth control to prevent cysts, well as time progressed the pain was getting worse so i made an app with him and i explained everything and he said it's not from surgery i know that and when i was in there the right one looked normal but he sent me for tests anyway, while in the app he told me about a girl who is 19 had her left side removed which was 10 cm all around and she was on birth control and then 2 months later her right side is affected. now i am scared. could he really have messed up? does anyone have any similar expericne? and what about pregnancy with a one ovary and a cyst inside that ovary. i am only 18 and want to know since my ob.gyn is now avoiding me, i am in a committed loving relationship and we talked and if it comes down to it we will have kids but we just need help anyone out there please? sorry i see like i am rambling i just need help.
i felt like i was reading my own story when i was 20 years old i went to the gyno for the first time and thought i would be in and out they found a dermoid cyst about 20cm in my right ovary the doctor scheduled me for immediate surgery the next week when i left the hospital he said on sunday i left on a thurs to take the birth control and not stop it will help and i had alot of faith like you did my boyfriend was with me the whole time through everything we were together 4 years at this point and he said no matter what we are together well in about 2 weeks after my surgery i was having severe pains on my left side went to the hospital and they said i was fine but to follow with obgyn went to see my obgyn and he said i was fine and had an ultra sound and inside ultra sound and he said it looked good and i thought it was in my head well about 2 months later the pain was still continuing but i found out i was pregnant i carried the baby to about 4 months and lost the baby i went to the gyno so he can check me out and he said you have a 10 cm cyst on your left side and i started panicking and saying how could it get there and he began telling me to go for immediate tests 3 days later i was back in his office and he apologized for "missing" the cyst i was devastated i tried suing but he had me sign a waiver stating not to sue for misdisnosis months ago this devastaed my life for some time but then my bf and i adopted and we love the child like our own good luck and get a second opinion now! love-karen
darling fight as hard as you can with these doctors i am now 22 and i was 18 when the same thing happened to me and unfourtunately i cannot have kids and ALMOST lost my life went into surgery for left ovary because of dermoid cyst was on b/c and a month later in severe pain on right side i went to my doctor 15 times begging him to help and do tests he did 12 ultrasounds/internal and told me i was fine and to stop coming so often i started to believe i was crazy until i ended up in the ER with vomiting and severe bleeding and really bad abdomen pain the doctor did a ultra sound and within 5 hours was in and out of surgery i had a full hysterctomy to save  my life a dermoid cyst estimated at 35cm had ruptured i asked the doctors how this could happen and they said sometimes they cannot be seen even at 100cm can you believe that? trust me when i say this GO WITH YOUR INSTINCT! GO FOR A SECOND, THIRD TWENTITH OPINION! IT IS YOUR HEALTH!!! PRAYERS AND GOOD WISHES!