Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) Community
ovary scan
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to PCOS including anxiety, baldness or thinning hair, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, depression, type 2 diabetes, genetics, heart problems, increased hair growth (hirsuitism), infertility, menstruation (periods), obesity, ovarian cysts, pelvic pain, pregnancy, skin problems, sleep disorders, and weight gain.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

ovary scan

hello..i am madhuri and i'm 24...recently i had a check up as my periods are irregular..i had a scan report which shows "ovaries-right-4.0*2.2 cms & left-3.8*2.1 cms  both ovaries show tiny pheripherally situated anechoic areas..bladder-normal..POD-free..impression-PCOD....my doctor told me to get married as soon as possible where it'd be difficult for me to get pregnant earlier after my marriage...can anyone tell me whether it is really a serious problem..i'm really afraid whether i would get pregnant or not after i get married..plz somebody suggest me any solution for this...thank you...

This discussion is related to Anechoic  Cyst?.
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Hi,
How are you? Polycystic ovary syndrome is a condition in which a woman has an imbalance of a female sex hormones and may present with irregular periods. Birth control pills may be indicated to make the periods more regular and increases the chance of pregnancy. With treatment, pregnancy is possible but  the risk of high blood pressure and gestational diabetes during pregnancy is also possible. It is best that you discuss this with your doctor for proper evaluation. Regular follow-up is highly recommended. Take care an do keep us posted.

Blank
I just want to let you know that many women with PCOS do successfully get pregnant.  When I was diagnosed with PCOS, my doctor assured me that I shouldn't assume the diagnosis meant I couldn't conceive.  In his words, "One of my patients with PCOS gets pregnant every time her husband touches her."

However, I have no personal experience with this, as I never wanted children (nor does my husband) and I never accidentally got pregnant, even without using contraceptives.  

Best of luck to you, Madhuri.  :)
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank