Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) Community
pcos/ PCOD
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to PCOS including anxiety, baldness or thinning hair, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, depression, type 2 diabetes, genetics, heart problems, increased hair growth (hirsuitism), infertility, menstruation (periods), obesity, ovarian cysts, pelvic pain, pregnancy, skin problems, sleep disorders, and weight gain.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

pcos/ PCOD

Hi
i have been diagnosis ed  with PCOD 5 month ago. i am 24 yrs and 143 lb ,5feet 3 inch.
my report is ..
bilateral ovaries are mildly enlarged in size . globular in shape showing pcod pattern.
right ovary measures 3.8*2.4*2.1 cm -volume 10.3 cc
left ovary measures 2.4*2.2*2.3 cm -volume 6.4 cc.
i hvnt start any treatment for this yet. is the treatment is essential? my periods are very irregular and from last 23 month i have gain so much weight around my lower abdomen ,is this becos of pcod? and i have gone through the cholecystectomy too . so pls suggest me  how to gid rid of this weight i have gain recently . should i start the treatment for pcod so that my abdominal weight get reduce?
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
HI,
Weight has a cause and effect relationship with PCOS. Hence if you are able to reduce weight and keep it there, then no other treatment will be necessary. Weight loss can be achieved by a combination of dietary modification and regular exercise. You can't "spot-burn" belly fat, but it's usually the first to burn off when you exercise.  Just be sure that you focus on calorie-burning exercises.
Hope this helps. Take care and good luck.
Blank
Hi
Thanks a lot but one more query .... will this PCOS cause any problem in pregnancy after marriage? so should i not start any treatment for this now?
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
How to Silence Your Inner Critic an...