Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) Community
pcos metformin trying to get pregnant

This patient support community is for discussions relating to PCOS including anxiety, baldness or thinning hair, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, depression, type 2 diabetes, genetics, heart problems, increased hair growth (hirsuitism), infertility, menstruation (periods), obesity, ovarian cysts, pelvic pain, pregnancy, skin problems, sleep disorders, and weight gain.

pcos metformin trying to get pregnant

CANT SOMEONE HELP ME PLEASE :(((((
IM ON METFORMIN 500 MG 2X DAY MY DOCTOR TOLD ME SHE CANT HIGHER THE DOSAGE UP COUSE  SOMETHING BOUT MY LIVER LEVEL IDK.. BUT SHE SAID IF METFORMIN DONT HELP SHE WAS GOTTA PUT ME ON CLOMID ....!!! BUT CLOMID IF I HAVENT HAD NO PERIOD FOR 2 YEARS AND STILL DONT ..
CAN I GET PREGNANT BY CLOMID WITH OUT TO PERIODS ? SOMEONE HELP PLEASE PLEASE :/
ok metformin will not get you pregnant! And it only relly helps you stay pregnant. It also helps with some symptoms from PCOS. It can also take over a year to start working. Clomid will help you ovulate. It doesnt always work for everyone with PCOS but it does work for alot of women. It didnt work for me. I was taking metformin 500mg 3 times a day. I was also taking provera to help me get a period so I know when my new cycle starts. And than my dr had me on clomid. I started out on 50mg than 100mg than 150mg. It didnt get me ovulating and my dr would only keep me on it no more than 6 months so I finally went to see a fertility specialist and he knew what he was doing. OBs can only give you a few options. REs specialize in these treatments. I say go for the clomid. Your dr wont keep you on it unless she.he thinks you can get pregnant. Even though it may not work. Once you start ovulating your good. If you arnt ovulating after a few months and a couple on dosage changes than move to the next thing. And ask your dr about getting a 21 day prgestrone tests to prove if you are or not ovulating with clomid. And ask about provera. Good luck
Hi hun first what metformin does is regulates your hormone levels which for some women helps you start you period and in time helps with ovulation!  So yes metformin will help you get pregnant!! In fact if you read the package insert it says to use protection if you don't want to be pregnant.  Recent studies show that metformin alone is just as effective over time at inducing ovulation as clomid and metformin combined.  PCOS is a hormone disorder if you can regulate the hormones you can treat the symptoms, including infertility.  I did 5 rounds of clomid up to 150 mg and did not ovulate at all.  Some women ovulate with clomid and some don't but be aware that clomid causes cysts in women with PCOS and increases you chances of developing breast cancer later in life, along with thinning your linning.  Femara is a much safer drug but has the same results some women don't ovulate.  I only ovulated with follistim (injectable FSH).  Also Prometrium and provera can both help start a period then normally you would start clomid in the beginning of your cycle.  I agree you need to see an RE, OBGYN's are just not qualified to treat complex fertility problems.   Good luck hun you can get pregnant it just may take some work.