Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) Community
polycystic ovarian syndrom(syndrome)

This patient support community is for discussions relating to PCOS including anxiety, baldness or thinning hair, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, depression, type 2 diabetes, genetics, heart problems, increased hair growth (hirsuitism), infertility, menstruation (periods), obesity, ovarian cysts, pelvic pain, pregnancy, skin problems, sleep disorders, and weight gain.

polycystic ovarian syndrom(syndrome)

i'm 18 years old doing pilot training recently in class 1 certificate which is reqquired for the pilot training i found that i'm polycystic when they made an ultrasound. I have little bit of excess hair but of irregular periods optherwise i'm ok.My doubt is am i unfit for my career?is the syndrom (syndrome) affects my flying career?
no. As long as you keep everything under control- blood pressure and cholesterol you should be fine- these are also symptoms- I know you said you don't have these symptoms now but they can come later.

Good luck in flight school- my husbands cousin is in flight school and will be getting his wings in July :)
I found out i had pcos when i was 11 years old and i was on my first period for six months, then my ma took me to the womens clinic and i found out i had cyst the size of golf balls on my ovaries. . ..Now im sixteen and i have to take birth control and topamax and imatrex just to have the normal life of a teenage girl.
when i was 14 i was put on tompamax and imatrex for my migraines, they didnt work for me, so i stopped taking them.  im sorry to hear that you were only 11 when this happened. i am 19 and have possible PCOS. i am to get tested for it in 2 weeks...i went to a clinic to get a pap smear and the dr. told me that i might have PCOS and that i needed to go to a specialist.  having pcos, does this mean you cannot have children? like you cannot get pregnant but you could carry children, its just that your egg doesnt drop or w/e? or does this mean you become infertile?  
it does realy mean that your infertile it means that you might need fertileity treatments to get pregnant, it realy all depends on what range your are in