polycystic ovaries/breast sores
I had a hysterectomy, but i kept my ovaries about 7 years ago, about 2 years ago i start having symtoms of premenopause, and i was diagnose long time ago with plycystic ovarian syndrom, the pain every month and sometimes two o three time a month a feel that I am ovulating is horrible, and now my breast are too sore, and in the side going to the arms feels like if I have a ball inside (painful)......what this could be???
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
The PCOS you have could be secretary and cause hormonal changes that make your breasts sore. Otherwise, you could also be suffering from fibrocystic disease of the breast. It can even be due to weight gain and other body changes.
There are various approaches to treat a polycystic ovary. First of all insulin resistance has to be checked and corrected by a dose of metformin. Then regular check ups have to be scheduled and you put on low dose birth control pills to regularize the cycles first. Once this is corrected, regular ultrasounds will be done to assess the status of the ovum and accordingly drugs prescribed. At times laparoscopy is done and cysts punctured. Diet and weight control are also important part of therapy and you need to be under a good nutrition expert. Consult a gynecologist and get this treated. Take care!