Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) Community
recent right side Pelvic pain only at night??

This patient support community is for discussions relating to PCOS including anxiety, baldness or thinning hair, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, depression, type 2 diabetes, genetics, heart problems, increased hair growth (hirsuitism), infertility, menstruation (periods), obesity, ovarian cysts, pelvic pain, pregnancy, skin problems, sleep disorders, and weight gain.

Hi! I'm not sure if I'm in the right place or not but here's my issue. 2 nights ago (evening) I started getting minor twinge pains (very mild and only on the right side) along with the sudden urge to pee. First I though bladder infection but I don't have any burning or pain during urination, just the constant urge to pee. I did have intercoarse the day before the pain started. The pain remained mild the first night and by morning was getting a little more intense. I thought I'd let the day play out and if it continued would talk to my doctor. Throughout the day, the pain just went away and I didn't think about it again. Then last night about midnight, I woke up with the same pain but more intense that it had been in the morning. It was still OK and I went back to sleep. By 2am the pain woke me up and was so intense for about an hour that I was almost ready to go to the local emerg but then very suddenly it disappeared again. It was gone all day again today and then again early evening, I started to feel the urge to pee again and the pains started coming again, this time about every 10 seconds and lasting for 3-5 seconds (almost like a wave of need to pee to pain then gone and repeat). It seems to only bother me at night and is worse if I'm laying down. It is very low in my pelvis (almost feels like it's behind my pubic bone.

It's now a couple of hours since it started again and I'm sitting up on the computer (obviously) and the urge to pee is there but the pain has subsided for the moment. I've been trying to find something that sounds like what I'm experiencing and I can't find anything so here I am.

for history, I had a baby almost 9 months ago (c section). I have lower back pain regularly (slipped disc 5th lumbar since I was about 17) treated normally with chiropractic treatment but haven't been for a while. Very stressed at work lately. Had gall bladder removed about 8 years ago so no risk of gall stones but kidney stones may be possible I guess. there are various cancers in my family history so obviously my mind goes to the worst.

I'm just looking for anyone that might have experienced the same or similar problems. The pain I had last night was excrutiating (almost as bad as labour contractions but constant) I'm afraid to go to bed because I don't want that pain to recur.

Hopefully someone will respond.

THANKS
Hi, I know you posted this question a really long time ago, but I was wondeirng if you ever found out what was going on? I have been experiancing the same thing for a week now, I'm seeing my doctor tomorrow, but I've been driving myself insane searching online, your post is describing exactly what is happening to me!
Luv Gem
they finally diagnosed as bladder infection although they could not tell me why it was only at night that I got pain. antibiotics cleared it up and I haven't had anything since.
Thank you so much for getting back to me. My doctors had told me the same thing and started on some medication to hopefully clear it up and be done, he couldn't understand why it was only at night also. At least minds are put at ease now. Thanks again.
Thank you so much for posting your symptoms, because I have the same exact symptoms and was about pass out because I was readying everything from Cyst to Cancer, so now I'm relieved to know that it probably just a bladder infection.  I'm glad your feeling way better.  By any chance do you know what was the medicine they put you on? I'm about to visit the doctor and wanted to make sure they put me on something that will clear this up.