Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) Community
spotting

This patient support community is for discussions relating to PCOS including anxiety, baldness or thinning hair, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, depression, type 2 diabetes, genetics, heart problems, increased hair growth (hirsuitism), infertility, menstruation (periods), obesity, ovarian cysts, pelvic pain, pregnancy, skin problems, sleep disorders, and weight gain.

spotting

why do i experience in between menstruation spotting with a mild pain in my pelvis? what could be the possible cause/s of this?
Not sure you received my post, computer never showed it was sent. As I said on my post; I have the same experience. Not sure of your age, but, if you are anywhere from 35-50 it sounds like perimenopause. Go to this site, www.minniepauz.com its a real site and click on symptoms of perimenopause. There are 35 symptoms. Not sure if you have more then the two you listed but, I have the two you mentioned plus a few more. I started mid cycle spotting myself when I was in my mid to late 30's (soon to be 45) and the only Dr. I have seen stated it was hormonal. I had a pelvic and pap, all seemed fine as well as a full blood panel work up, which by the way, is a great idea for you. If anything it will put your mind at ease. Feel free to write back if you have any further questions though I am not a Dr. I do have the same two symptoms. Sometimes the pelvic pain goes to the lower back as well. Then sometimes the next day I get sore breast until my period arrives then within 2 days the soreness subsides. Do you have mood swings lightheadedness, dizziness, anxiety? Or night sweats hot flashes, these are two things I do not have a problem with, and hope I never do. My spotting happens ALMOST every month now, before it was 3-4 times a year. My cycle use to be (in my 30's) every 37 days now its 32-34 and mid cycle being anywhere from day 14-19 (when the spotting occurs) not all days but sometimes up to 3. Don't be too worried. Write back and we can talk more,
Thanks and good luck,
Sofea
Hi Kiaragrace
Since you have not responded to my post I wanted to add something to it, Mid cycle spotting can also be a sign of Ovulation. Some women spot with pain mid cycle when they ovulate, this is a very good sign for women trying to get pregnant. Shows your fertile times.
Hope you re post, if not good luck!
Sofea