treatment for PCOS
I recently switched gynies after 20 years of the same one. When I was younger I thought he was fine, but as I get older and have been presenting problem and being ignored it was time for a change.

The new gynie is just awesome. She asked many questions, and I told her my concerns and she sent me for lots of bloodwork, sonogram, and mammogram (38 and had a lump in breast for a year that old gynie didnt feel and didnt seem concerned over). I told her I have painful fibroids also that are cause urine issues, and she could feel them quite well she said.

One my test papers she listed PCOS as a history. I know it was one of my concerns and she said she saw like the beard I keep growing and hair in other unlady like places and so on. I told her how I can only have 2-6 periods a year and how the longer it takes to have one the more miserable I am and the weight piles on quickly when there is no monthly for a while, even thought I do run a mile a day and watch what I eat. Then when I do finally get the period, its like all those months missed at once. Flooding, clots, scared to leave the house because you never know how bad it will be at any given minute and that will last weeks, sometimes months.

Now I go next week for results of everything. My concern is she will want to put me on the pill whether there is a PCOS issue or not due to the lack of periods then very heavy period issue. When I was younger the old gynie and I tried alot of different pills, and they either caused lots of non-stop bleeding, or migrains, or once sent to the ER by general doctor for fear of a blood clot when my arm swelled to 3x its size all of a sudden. At the point, gynie and General Doc said the pill wasnt for me. I did have a tubal after I had my last baby 15 years ago. My question is, is there another option to treat the period issue that doesnt involve birth control? The fact that I am now 38 scares me even more when it comes to birth control! I want to go in prepared for anything she suggests, but I dont want to sound ungrateful for her help.
If you had a blood clot and now that your over 35 the pill doesn't sound like its the best idea. I read recently that when your in your late 38's or early 40's it's not advised. I know myself with pcos I have to take it once in a while and I'm 38 too with the two same concerns age and history of blood clot. Your doctor can put you on provera which is progesterone for 5 days and you will have a withdraw bleed but if you have cysts it won't get rid of them.  I also take Metformin. It's extremely hard on your tummy but if you gradually increase the dose it helps and eventually the tummy problems go away. I've heard there is a prescription cream out called Vanica that will help hair growth. Call around and check places like Costco because its expensive. I was even told the manufacturers website contained coupons. Staying away from sugar is something you should try also. Unfortunately you can't get rid of pcos but you CAN manage it.
tyvm for your reply!!

I will make notes of what you mentioned and see what she says.
Hi evryone..evn am suffering from pcos and am goin through homeopathic which is heard effective for pcos but would take time to recover ..i have been taking this for 6 months but i think i must be recovering since my cycle days are reducing . But the highlighting part is this treatment has no side effects