Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) Community
what should i do about my severe hair fall ????

This patient support community is for discussions relating to PCOS including anxiety, baldness or thinning hair, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, depression, type 2 diabetes, genetics, heart problems, increased hair growth (hirsuitism), infertility, menstruation (periods), obesity, ovarian cysts, pelvic pain, pregnancy, skin problems, sleep disorders, and weight gain.

my age is 23 , i havbeen experincing severe hairfall since last 3 year , i was diagnosed of having pcos last week . i am really really worried abt my thinning of hair . please tell me wat i should do about it. i dont want to lose more hair !!!
hello,  I feel you...my hair was falling out by the hand fulls, and as well...I had all the symptoms that are listed here in the community plus some not listed and GUESS WHAT....IT WAS ALL DUE TO EXPOSURE, first to a 3 1/2 year natural gas leak in my apartment....and years later...exposure to mold for longer than 3 years....Have you had any type of chemical exposure ?...as that can AND DOES MIMIC many other conditions???....In my case....after the exposure was stopped...within 6-8 months...things started to resolve and the hair loss stopped and many of the other symptoms slowed as well. Just remember....The drs do not know it all....THAT IS WHY I AM TEACHING THEM, only someone who has been there can say how it truly is...and it is definately different than reading it in a book... I know that during that time for me...Comb slowly from bottom to top....My hair was 24" long and if you start at the bottom and work up a little at a time...It YANKS out less hair. I washed and conditioned every 4 days and in between I used VO5 conditioning hairdressing to keep the ends to the middle moisturized...What other symptoms are bothersome the most?  How long is your hair? Right now mine is 29" and I am considering LOCKS of LOVE for a donation, although I do not want it cut just 5 years after NEEDING to cut it off because after the 13 hour brain surgery it took this long to grow it back....I have had long hair all my 53 years except after the surgery....THERE were so many knots in it it looked as though someone took about 2 days to TEASE it and so It had to be lopped off at the ear and for me THAT WAS SHORT!!  Now I just want to help someone who has lost theirs....You probably know that WE ALL Have times of SHEDDING. The test for knowing the difference is....Comb hair as stated earlier...Make sure all lose hairs are removed....THEN...between forefinger and thumb...get about 50 or so strands between fingers and SLOWLY and GENTLY ...and I emphasize GENTLY...slide fingers to the end of the hairs....NOW, how many are in your fingers?..3-7 or 8...Okay, NORMAL...10 or more and or BALD PATCHES...Yes...Unusual fallout....If there are bald patches....PLEASE....do NOT DO THE COMB OVER thing that guys do....and if you need to have a wig. write me....I will donate...I am considered strawberry blonde or dirty blonde....oh yea...with a FEW Gray ones...BTW.....NO PERMS...NO COLORING and STRESS and WORRY can make it fall out also...Have a wonderful Blessed Day and
GOD BLESS!!!!        loimmarmar
i heard a product for hair loss it's named BOIHAIR. but it would be safe to ask your doctor first. Don't shampoo your hair too often. Shampoos contain harmful chemicals :)