Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome Support User Group
Weight and PCOS
About This Group:

A community for women who have Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome.

Founded by OttNL on November 12, 2010
44 members

Weight and PCOS

I  had a significant weight gain when i hit puberty due to PCOS which only got diagnosed when i was 17 when by then i had gained a lot of weight . I have had major problems with loose skin and extreme stretch marks any one actually found a way to reduce the stretch marks as they are everywhere on my body and ive lost a lot of weight due a lapband but am left with excessive loose skin......downer to the self confidence much
1 Comment
Hey,

For the stretch marks my recommendation is tissue oil (vitamin E oil).  It really does work very well.  I had an motorbike accident and I was left with a huge and horrible looking scar on my knee.  Unfortunately that part of the body its very tricky and no plastic surgeon could promise me good results.

I been rubbing religiously tissue oil over it every evening and my scar has gone done to less than half of what it was.  So, if it has work so well in something so bad, I am pretty sure it will help greatly for your  marks.  The rubbing its important you do it slowly and pressing a little.. helps blood flow.

Concerning  your loose skin. It really depends how bad it is, if it is really bad perhaps you should consider surgery but if it is not to that extent... exercise its the way to go.  Muscle toning would be perfect for your problem because when you loose weight the first thing you need to do is get you skin back to shape and muscle toning does that.

Due to PCO I also gained a lot of weight by the age of 27, and went to a dietitian to help me loose all the excess weight. I lost it slowly and in a healthy manner.  I have 4 to go to reach my happy weight and I have been in the gym for over 3 months and I can already start to see my skin getting  tighter, thighs, top arms etc...

Just remember it takes time, so dont give up.

Hope this info helps.
Lynniepooh Took provera last night and... Comment
MyMelBgirl commented on Looking at pregnant w...
Lynniepooh commented on Looking at pregnant w...