How to change Negative Thinking to Positive Thinking
1. Be aware of your thoughts.  Keep a journal and write down all your negative thoughts.  You cannot change the way you think unless you understand how you think and talk to yourself about situations.  

2. Once you have identified your negative thoughts and patterns of thinking then you can develop positive statements to substitute for the negative ones.  

Example:  
Negative statement – “I am so dumb, I always forget something.”
Positive statement – “Forgetting things are normal, I just need to write a list to help me remember things.  I can love myself even though I forget once in a while.”

3. Using the journal can help, but better yet.  Evaluate how you feel.  If you are changing to a positive pattern of thinking you will worry and catastrophize less, which contributes to a sense of well-being.

Unknown Author
Thank you for sharing this :-)))  Did you ever hear of wearing a rubber band and when you recognize a negative thought, take & snap it.  The purpose is to hit home that when you have a negative thought, you are hurting yourself when you keep doing it.

I tried it some years ago....never forgot it.  Even wearing a rubber band now makes me think of it...lol!

Keep it coming, beautiful lady :-)))
I really like this. This is very good! Thanks for sharing this. Good advice! Another thought is posting some of these affirmative things around the house to see them. I like to do this with encouraging bible verses to encourage me.
Thanks for your thoughts!!!  
I still have that "rubber band"...you think I was kidding???

:-))))
I love this. It's what I've been working on in therapy and it really does help. Thanks for posting!!!
You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.
mishymoshymarcy Im so unhappy...but maybe i... Comment