Postpartum Depression (PPD) Community
Advice on post partum

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Postpartum Depression (PPD).

Advice on post partum

Does anyone know how long post partum depression lasts?  And has anyone had chronic pain with it?
Hi!  I never had any chronic pain but I have heard that depression can cause pain.  And as for how long it will last, that just depends on the person and even if you are on meds, etc.  I have 6 children and get PPD each time so I take meds right away.

I hope you feel better soon.  I know how awful it can be but it will eventually pass and you will get back to your old self.  I know it doesn't feel like it now, but you will.  Just remember that it is only temporary.
I had PPD with my daughter and it sure did have it's highs and lows. I would say that I still have my low points, but I wouldn't classify it as PPD.

I think with how long it takes depends on several factors. I didn't take any medication, that was my personal choice but it was tough. Having alot of supporting people around you is important, and your husband should be one of them. My husband hardly helps me with my daughter, and she only wants to be with me, and now I have night weaned her, so she is really clingy. What about your family? Do they support you or close friends?

Hope that it gets better, it is a horrible feeling and frustrating, especially when others don't understand you or underestimate PPD. I always tell myself, my daughter loves me and needs me the most, and that's why everything is worth it.

In regards to pain, I didn't have any, I just lost alot of weight.